Job descriptionInitial Posting Date: 06/03/2022 Application Deadline: 06/20/2022 Agency: Department of Fish and Wildlife Salary Range: $3,165.00 - $4,765.00 Monthly Position Type: Employee Position Title: Engineering Technician 2 (Engineering Technician) LIMITED DURATION/JOB ROTATION Job Description: Make a Difference in Oregon's Natural Resources!
Help the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife fulfill its mission: To protect and enhance Oregon's fish and wildlife and their habitats for use and enjoyment by present and future generations.
This position is with the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) located in Salem. This is a full time, Limited Duration position through June 30, 2023. We will also consider a Job Rotation for current, regular status employees of the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife in good standing in a permanent or limited duration position (not temporary or seasonal) that is expected to continue through at least June 30, 2023. Please attach approval from your current manager to be considered for this job rotation in the resume/cover letter section of your application. Are you an engineering technician professional with a passion for the outdoors? Play a critical role in the development of structures to advance Oregon’s fish and wildlife programs! What you will do:
- Prepare construction contract drawings, plats, maps and charts for new construction, repairs and modifications of department facilities from rough sketches and measurements provided by engineers. Operate computer aided design and drafting system including file management, backup copies, and related functions. Modify formatting requirements of CAD files for consultants’ use.
- Under the direction of an engineer, conduct site surveys acting as the survey crew leader with responsibility for determining the scope of the survey project and coordinating the work of crew members.
- Act as inspector to inspect work in progress at construction project sites to determine contractor’s compliance with plans and specifications; inspect forms, reinforcement bar, and embedded items prior to pouring concrete forms. Refer construction not in compliance with plans and specifications to project manager. Test concrete on site for compliance to specifications.
Approximately 60% of the time this position works in an office environment with substantial time spent using a computer to carry out the duties of the position. Fieldwork will often expose the person in this position to rough terrain, exposure to severe weather, and require frequent travel often involving overnight stays.
- Occasionally required to walk long distances carrying surveying equipment and tools.
- Requires a flexible work schedule that varies in the number of hours worked on a daily basis, but not necessarily each day, or a work schedule in which the starting and stopping times vary on a daily basis, but not necessarily each day. This includes working at all hours and workdays in excess of eight hours. Position is eligible for overtime.
Applicants are subject to both a criminal history and motor vehicles check. Driving is required for all positions. Out-of-state finalists will be required to present a current certified or uncertified driving record for review to be considered for the position. Be prepared to obtain as soon as possible. You are expected to provide the out-of-state driving record before an offer can be made unless extenuating circumstances exist. Adverse background and/or driving information may disqualify you from further consideration.
NOTE: Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security's I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States. ODFW participates in E-Verify. ODFW is not able to support VISA sponsorships. We are seeking applicants who meet the minimum qualifications and have the following skills and experience: Minimum Qualifications:
- a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent; OR
- two years of experience, equivalent to an Engineering Technician 1, performing a variety of technical engineering work such as a head chain or level person on a survey crew; drafting preliminary plans prepared in a field office; inspecting contractor's work; and testing materials used on construction projects and
- an Associate degree in Engineering Technology, Drafting, or a closely-related engineering field from an accredited community college or technical school; or
- eighteen quarter (12 semester) hours of college-level engineering drawing, surveying, or related civil engineering courses; or
- one additional year of work experience providing a knowledge of engineering surveying and drafting principles and practices.
- Experience using AutoCAD and REVIT.
- Experience preparing construction contract drawings, plats, maps and charts
- Experience conducting site surveys
- Experience coordinating work of crew members
- Experience inspecting work in progress at construction project sites to determine contractor’s compliance with plans and specifications
The employee in this position will be represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and will be subject to all terms and conditions of the collective bargaining agreement. Pay and benefits on all job listings may change without notice. Veterans - If you are an eligible veteran and you meet the qualifications, veterans' preference points will be added to your score. For more information on veterans' preference points visit www.oregonjobs.org and select Veterans resources under Resources. Please do not attach veteran documentation to your initial application, after you have applied you will be sent a task in your Workday account to provide your veteran documentation at that time. Find information on State of Oregon benefits More information about our agency can be found on our social media accounts and at myodfw.com and https://www.dfw.state.or.us/ If you are passionate about natural resources, we invite you to join our team and assist with furthering ODFW’s mission by partnering with communities and sharing how our work has a positive effect on Oregon’s fish, wildlife and their habitats. ODFW is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workforce as we strive to represent and better serve our neighboring communities. Our most important asset is our employees, and each person brings unique, different, and important contributions to the workplace and community we serve. With Oregon’s changing demographics, a workforce that reflects this change will make us stronger and create an opportunity for better decision making. Consider joining our team as we lead ODFW into the future! The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
Transportation Security Administration Springfield, VA 22150+17 locations $58,661 - $110,872 a year Today
Oak Creek Golf Course (OCGC) Irvine, CA 92618+1 location 2 days ago
City of Seattle Seattle, WA $30.52 - $33.75 an hour 30+ days ago
PUESTO Anaheim, CA 92802 (Anaheim Resort area) $42 - $48 an hour EmployerActive 4 days ago