Jupiter Aluminum Corp is an environmentally friendly company committed to safety, health, and environmental excellence. To be recognized as a world leader, Jupiter Aluminum's facilities must become the model for health & safety in the workplace and environmental stewardship.
Jupiter is seeking an EHS Specialist to become part of our Team as we strive for safety, health, and environmental excellence.
Reporting to the Director of EHS, the EHS Specialist is responsible for driving continuous improvement and employee involvement in the facility's Environmental, Health, and Safety programs.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following:
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Respond to urgent calls in the event of a plant emergency, including but not limited to work-related injuries & illnesses, fires/chemical spills, environmental incidents
- Support the development of an environmentally and safety-conscious culture through effective safety training and education programs.
- Lead all aspects of environmental protection and employee health and safety to support the Corporate EHS Policy; this includes the development, implementation, enforcement, and auditing of EHS systems within the operations.
- Maintain compliance with OSHA Safety and Health Programs
- Investigate, analyze and report on any accidents or unsafe events and provide support on preventive solutions and countermeasures
- Conduct workplace safety and environmental audits
- Maintain the record-keeping system so that the facility can verify compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Submit required reports to the regulatory agencies on a timely basis
- Assist in the oversight of EHS improvement projects and initiatives
- Assist with maintenance of EHS Management Systems
- Assist with monitoring and management of Worker Comp cases
- Maintain Employee/Supervisor Safety Award Program
- Monitor and manage non-hazardous and hazardous waste disposal activities
- Provide technical expertise to production, engineering, and facilities personnel in evaluating the environmental, safety, and health aspects for existing or planned changes
- Performs other related duties as assigned by EHS Director.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- BS in Environmental Health, Safety Sciences, related technical degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years EHS work experience in a Manufacturing or foundry environment preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and use sound judgment.
- Strong computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access).
- Strong planning, organizational, problem-solving, communication, and relationship-building skills are essential.
- First Aid / CPR certification
- Ability to travel 20%; travel to 1 other site
Attributes for Success
- Hard work – tackle each task with determination, passion, and creativity; the willingness to put in whatever effort is required to complete the job at hand
- Pursuit of Excellence – strive to exceed expectations in our day-to-day work consistently and outperform our competitors in the marketplace, regarding work and company achievements as a collaborative goal with the desire to go above and beyond
- Integrity - treat the company and teammates with the utmost respect, operating on strong moral codes to drive company values and culture
- Sense of Urgency – drive forward each day with speed, agility, and flexibility to capture unrealized opportunities and avoid potential risks for the business
- Entrepreneurial Spirit – act like an owner, challenging the status quo, asking the right questions, and actively seeking ways to innovate and improve
JUPITER ALUMINUM CORP. provided the following inclusive hiring information:
By choice, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- EHS/Safety: 5 years (Required)
- manufacturing: 5 years (Required)
- CPR Certification (Required)
- First Aid Certification (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required)
Work Location: One location