MAEC was founded in 1991, as an education non-profit dedicated to increasing access to equitable educational opportunities so all children and students can learn and achieve at high levels. Its mission is to promote excellence and equity in education to achieve social justice.
The Early Childhood (EC) Department at MAEC is expanding our pool of consultants. The MAEC EC Department provides a range of services to educators and systems to promote Equity and positive outcomes for all young children and their families. All services are based on our foundational commitment to Social Justice, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and how to support early learners and their families with culturally responsive practices. MAEC EC consultants work with State Education Agencies, State Training Professionals, and other early childhood professionals.
MAEC is committed to: (1) meeting State Education Agency (SEA), Local Education Agency (LEA), and program needs; (2) developing exemplary early childhood professionals; (3) fostering the success of all children, youth, and families; and (4) actively developing and promoting innovative, effective, and efficient products, practices and services in order to fulfill these commitments. This is essential work that makes a difference in the lives of children, families, and educators.
We are currently recruiting Early Childhood Consultants/Professional Development Specialists. This is a part-time position with hours fluctuating based on the nature of projects.
To provide a range of services, including, but not limited to:
- Facilitating workshops for leaders, administrators, trainers, and early childhood professionals
- Providing technical assistance to EC leaders and professionals
- Assisting programs and schools/districts with implementing effective inclusive practices;
- Coaching and mentoring early educators/administrators;
- Providing assessments and recommendations, including in transition planning;
- Consulting with districts on how to improve their early childhood programs and systems with an equity lens;
- Preparing proposals to support new work; and other duties as assigned.
- Design and deliver professional development (including workshops, resources, courses, coaching, and mentoring) related to Early Childhood, emphasizing Equity;
- Design and deliver professional development (including workshops, courses, coaching, and mentoring) related to Early Childhood;
- Provide consultation and technical assistance addressing high quality developmentally appropriate early childhood education, inclusion, Equity, and related areas;
- Design and implement customized training programs for administrators, specialists, paraprofessionals,and other groups;
- Provide coaching, professional development, and other assistance, as requested;
Meet with EC stakeholders to assess program needs and market MAEC’s EC services; * Foster positive working relationships with state agencies, programs, and other funders;
- Contribute knowledge of evidence-based practice in areas of expertise to EC professionals and program evaluation projects.
- Highly engaging professional development presentation abilities;
- Application of principles of adult learning to design and deliver effective professional development ;
- Readiness to learn new technology applications to support educator training, including
Google applications, ZOOM, to deliver training and technical assistance in Readiness to develop expertise in additional areas of practice; * Readiness to work independently and as part of a coordinated team;
- Active interest in Equity, diversity inclusion, and social justice.
- Degree in Early Childhood or Early Childhood Special Education; Master’s degree or higher preferred or related field;
- At least five years of teaching experience in Early Childhood or Early Childhood Special Education;
- At least five years experience in coaching, mentoring, and/or supervisory of educators;
- Active interest in current issues in teaching and learning; for example, developmentally appropriate practices, evaluation, social-emotional learning, social justice and Equity, and family
engagement; * Strong knowledge of current research in areas of practice such as EC Program Evaluations, Trauma-Informed Practices, Culturally Responsive Practices, Family Engagement and Children with Special Needs;
- Evidence of ability to develop innovative practices and approaches that are responsive to educator needs, new knowledge about learning, and new state and federal initiatives;
- Strong writing and speaking skills.
Ability to multi-task and respond to demanding job duties with a positive mindset. Ability to effectively meet the demands of delivering training and other technical services at MAEC and multiple site-based locations. Required use of computer and technology and video conferencing as needed.
- Requires working a flexible schedule;
- Ability to work with diverse personalities;
- Skilled in working independently and collaboratively;
- Must follow MAEC’s COVID prevention protocols and community partner procedures to ensure health and safety.
For instructions on how to apply, please visit: https://maec.org/about/job-opportunities/early_childhoood_consultant/
NO PHONE CALLS.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $30.00 - $50.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote