Superior Sheds, Inc. has our Corporate Headquarters and Factory in Orange City, West Volusia County, Florida. We are Florida’s leading manufacturer of portable storage buildings. We distribute our products through Factory Owned Retail outlets in Florida as well as a Dealer Network. Check out our website at www.superiorsheds.com - these are not your old time backyard sheds! Full product line of various sizes and styles to meet all needs as well as building codes – State of Florida approved and inspected. Our Factory Outlets also handle a full line of Carports, Steel Buildings and gazebos. Superior Sheds is always evolving – from expanding manufacturing line to exploring new products for our outlets. Join the team!
Job Duties/Responsibilities include:
- Uses design software and drawing tools to accurately design and fabricate drawings for our product lines.
- Sets design specifications by computing load and grade requirements, material stress factors, and similar parameters.
- Ensures compliance with Florida’s building codes, guidelines, best practices and policies.
- Estimates materials and hours needed to aid in projecting building costs.
- Recommends and/or analyzes materials and practices.
- Collaborates with Production Department to change plans if problems arise.
- Identify and troubleshoot specification issues.
- Prepares periodic progress and cost reports for leadership.
- Helps customers with permitting issues as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College, preferred
- 5 years’ experience in Structural Engineering, preferred
- Proficient in computer-assisted design (CAD) and other design, data recording, and analyzation software.
- Thorough understanding of materials, methods, and tools involved in the construction or repair of structures.
- Excellent ability to identify and solve complex problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to be both creative and analytical.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- This is not a remote position. Must be willing to work at the office 5 days a week.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location