HonorHealth Rehabilitation Hospital
*A joint venture with Select Medical and Honor Health*
Director of Food & Nutrition
*Registered Dietitian License Required*
Responsibilities: Position Summary
Director of Food & Nutrition manages and coordinates operations of the department including food service and nutritional care to promote optimal patient care while providing exemplary customer service. Plans, organizes and implements department policies and procedures. Performs multiple responsibilities including but not limited to menu planning, staff management, development, training and evaluation of systems and processes to achieve department goals. Assures compliance with standard practices and regulatory requirements. May supervise the operation of the Gift Shop.
- Ensures that direct reports have received upon hire and continue to receive throughout employment the training, information and support to accomplish departmental objectives and meet job requirements.
- Initiates, schedules, directs and controls the daily operation of the Food and Nutrition Department through supervision of clinical nutrition and service staff.
- Ensures menu compliance with modified and therapeutic diets.
- Supervises and instructs Food and Nutrition supervisors and clinical staff in floor visits, screening and calorie counts.
- Bachelor's Degree with major studies in food and nutrition
- Current and valid registration as a Registered Dietitian with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Current state Dietitian licensure/certification, if required by state
- Five or more years in a management capacity in a Food and Nutrition department/food service administration
- Thorough knowledge of food products and service, operations, staffing, handling, storage and regulatory requirements
Select Medical’s Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospitals provide advanced treatment and comprehensive care to best address the medical, physical, emotional and vocational challenges for individuals with:
- Brain Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Neurological Disorders
- Orthopedic Conditions
- Multiple Traumas
**Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.