Job descriptionFull Time / Part Time Full Time Job Type Staff Reports To Vice President for University Advancement Position Summary The Director of Advancement Services leads the team charged with managing the Advancement database, including data integrity, analytics, and campaign reporting; prospect development; gift and pledge processing; records management; fund management; and direct mail coordination. The Director provides leadership and manages all advancement services collaborating closely with other Senior Managers within University Advancement and their teams in order to support fundraising, stewardship and Alumni and Parent engagement initiatives.
The Director is responsible for assuring high standards of quality, consistency, and accuracy of all Advancement constituent related information whether that is biographic / demographic information, gift / pledge commitment data, information needed for the comprehensive donor stewardship program, or compiled and analyzed as a report for use by University management. This includes data flowing in an out of the CRM as well as data gathered from outside sources. Principal Accountabilities
1. Oversee planning, development and implementation of all University Advancement systems, programs, and reporting tools for effective and efficient support of all advancement initiatives.
a. Establish and document policies and procedures for the timely, efficient, and accurate collection and maintenance of data
b. Proactively recommend and implement business processes and workflows to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of all data management to meet industry best practices and to fully utilize the organizational and technological capabilities of CRM Advance.
c. Anticipate, organize, source resources for, and execute on programming needs using both internal and external sources. Work with Information Services staff and consultants to ensure that ongoing programming needs are correctly prioritized and completed in a timely manner.
2. Oversee advancement database management and reporting, data integrity, and custodianship of all individual and organizational development data in order to support fundraising, stewardship and Alumni and Parent engagement initiatives.
a. Work closely with other UA Departments to generate reporting tools and dashboards that support alumni relations, stewardship, and fundraising goals and objectives.
b. Oversee direct mail and email programs and work with UA Departments to ensure data effectively supports solicitation and outreach initiatives.
c. Maintain awareness of changes, improvements, and enhancements in CRM Advance, and develop processes and/or application of these enhancements to continually move the data management and reporting function forward.
d. Facilitate the timely and efficient transfer of data between CRM Advance, other Division and University data systems, and external contracted systems, to ensure CRM Advance is up-to-date and remains the division database of record for all purposes.
3. Support fundraising efforts of Development Officers, the Corporate & Foundation Relations, and Annual Fund staff by providing the most accurate and up-to-date database of information regarding donors and their giving history, and all constituent biographic/demographic information.
a. Develop and prepare KPI reports and otherwise analyze fundraising, engagement, stewardship and communications metrics and partner with other Division leaders to recommend tactical and strategic actions, goals, and initiatives.
4. Manage an in-depth, pro-active, and reactive research and prospect management process as well as prospect analytics. This includes the development of cultivation strategies and prospect identification; and establishing effective procedures, criteria, and research techniques/resources.
5. Manage a proactive process for recording, receipting, and reporting donor support to Bryant University, ensuring consistency with Bryant policy, auditing procedures, IRS regulations, and CASE standards. Continually look for enhancements that will improve the efficiency and accuracy of gift processing and data management.
6. Oversee the digital imaging for all Advancement Services records, ensuring that the CRM contains the most up to date data to support Division and University initiatives.
7. Support University Advancement strategic planning initiatives. Work with the VPUA and senior leadership team to create and implement development and leadership strategies that support the University’s long-range goals.
8. Effectively recruit, train, motivate, and supervise assigned staff to work as a team in meeting Division goals, and ensuring that supervisory practices follow the spirit and intent of the University’s policy on diversity and EEO/AA guidelines.
9. Perform related duties as assigned.
Certain requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate persons with disabilities. Qualifications This position is best served by a person with demonstrated experience with an institutional constituent management system, preferably the Ellucian CRM Advance system, and familiarity with IRS regulations related to charitable contributions. Demonstrated ability to research, interpret, analyze, and synthesize raw information to support advancement information needs is essential, as well as the ability to think both strategically and analytically. Experience with data mining, predictive modeling and Tableau is preferred. The ideal candidate for this position will have a keen eye for detail and the ability to establish and maintain the highest standards of accuracy and consistency. Strong interpersonal skills and managerial skills are required to collaborate effectively with and provide customer services support to all members of the Advancement staff. An undergraduate degree and 5-10 years of administrative experience in advancement services work, preferably in higher education. Non-traditional hours may be required to support divisional and University events. Working Environment Bryant University recognizes that its position as a leader in higher education is greatly determined both by the diversity of its campus community and its intellectual endeavors. Its commitment to link academic and social diversity for the benefit of the learning and living environment reflects its belief that excellence and diversity are mutually reinforcing objectives. We are committed to building an equitable and inclusive campus community, one that values individual difference and fosters greater understanding of the many facets of diversity and other distinctive characteristics that make us different. We encourage applications from candidates with an appreciation for and understanding of diverse backgrounds and experiences. Learn more about our ongoing commitment to building a community of inclusive excellence. Physical Capacities Posting Detail Information Posting Number STA02298
Open Date 06/08/2022
Open Until Filled
Applicant Special Instructions
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Washington, DC 20552 Today
Exclusive Homes & Properties International Remote $50,000 - $60,000 a year 30+ days ago
1199SEIU Employment Center New York, NY 10018 Today
Crown Holdings Faribault, MN 55021 30+ days ago