The Denver Country club is looking for great service minded individuals that love the hospitality space! Work at the oldest Club West of the Mississippi River. The Denver Country Club is a Denver landmark where we strive to provide the utmost satisfaction to our Members, their guests and to each other. Come join our team!
POSITION: Main Dining Room Captain
REPORTS TO: F&B Director
HOURLY RATE: $18.00- $21.00
About the club:
Established in 1887, Denver Country Club is recognized as the first club west of the Mississippi and one of the most prestigious private clubs in the country. The 585 member, by invitation only private club, hosts an 18 hole golf course, two indoor golf simulators (Foresight Quads), indoor and outdoor tennis, platform tennis, pickleball, ice hockey, lawn bowling, croquet, casual and fine dining. The club has a long history of golf championships including the Denver Open (PGA Tour Event 1962-1964), Trans-Mississippi Amateur (upcoming 2022), Pacific Coast Amateur and Curtis Cup (1984). A Golf Course renovation was completed in 2020 - Gil Hanse. The renovation has helped to secure Denver Country Club as one of the premier golf courses in the Western United States. The Golf Shop is consistently recognized as an AGM Platinum Award Winning Golf Shop (Top 100) and has been recognized as a multiple winner of the Colorado Section PGA Merchandiser of the Year - Private Category.
(honesty, persistence, commitment, follow through, sincerity, trust)
(have fun, be creative, enthusiasm, positive energy, be purposeful, excitement)
(cooperation, support, communication, unity, collaboration, take initiative, dependability)
(selfless, self-awareness, empathy, compassion, resolution, understanding, grateful)
(quality, consistency, hard work, process integrity, results, growth)
- Medical, Dental, Life, 401k + Match, Flexible Spending Accounts per DCC policy
- Complimentary golf privileges per DCC employee guidelines
- Positive, values-centric working environment.
- Club merchandise at reduced employee pricing
- Complimentary employee meal per shift
- Complimentary parking
- Seasonal Bonus per policy
- Scholarship Eligibility per policy
- Employee appreciation & engagement events
- Referral Bonus, $750 for a qualified hire at the Club, over 3 months, Work with your friends.
- Other benefits per DCC employee handbook.
MAIN DINING ROOM CAPTAIN
The Main Dining Room Captain will supervise our a la carte dining areas of the Club with an emphasis of delivering personalized service & hospitality to our club members and their guests. The MDR Captain will assist the Dining Room Manager in providing superior Member and Guest service. This position requires an even keeled personality with a "hands on" approach and will be responsible for all a la carte lunches and dinners. The MDR Captain will coach and provide support and leadership to the dining staff, step into various dining room roles as necessary and provide superior service & outstanding communication to effectively handle club members and guests.
- Assure that Dining areas are stocked, and product rotated as needed.
- Inspects all tables daily for proper appearance. Inspects all silver and dishware daily for polish and clean look.
- Discuss and contribute to Lineup information- Member information, Specials of the Day.
- Receives and greets members and guests by name.
- Coordinates food service involving communication between kitchen and staff.
- Assists as needed in the training of new staff with applicable.
- Closing check side work for completion prior to closing.
- Check pricing on all tickets, member # and signature.
- Complete activities report sheet.
- Assure that POS System is set for proper shift and changed when needed.
- Attend weekly Captain meetings to keep abreast of F&B functions.
- Assures that pre-opening cleaning tasks are assigned and completed as required.
- Checks for completion of all side work before and after service.
- Assists servers in bussing, clearing, refilling water, food running, and taking drink or food orders.
- When taking tables, the captain/head server should still be supporting other server’s sections when able.
- Assists Bartenders, food runners and hosts when needed and when time allows.
- Experience in fine dining service
- Great upbeat attitude and a passion for service
- Must have great communication skills & follow through skills
- Work a flexible schedule
- Works 30+hours as needed
- Works holidays and/or weekend based on demand
- Can work well in a fast paced, yet friendly work environment
Job Type: Full-time