Farmers Edge is a global leader in digital agriculture delivering cutting-edge solutions powered by a unique combination of field-centric data, artificial intelligence and complete integration.
Rapidly expanding worldwide, our focus is on creating a diverse environment of talented individuals. As we continue to grow, we are seeking a talented and driven Precision Agronomist to join our team of Ag Tech professionals.
The successful candidate will be supporting our customers throughout the region, from a negotiable location that fits within the territory.
What you'll be doing:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will play a key role in delivering agronomic support to growers in the region. As a Digital Agronomist, you will:
- Use remote sensing and satellite imagery, interpreting data to create quality Farmers Edge zone maps by fields, using proprietary software.
- Use GPS and maps, guide soil sampling procedure to ensure it is completed, acting as lead expert and backup for Seasonal Soil Samplers when necessary.
- Interpret soil test results from Farmers Edge Labs or chosen regional contract laboratory.
- Utilize Farmers Edge Tool Set (ZonePro, Sample Pro, RxPro and ScoutPro) to create and/or approve fertilizer, fungicide and seeding recommendations (Rx) prescriptions.
- Provide support in collecting and completing contract requirements with growers.
- Work with growers to provide agronomic support and interpret yield variability maps, identify potential stress or pressure in the field, and further scouting investigations for R&D.
- Work with the Account Management and field Operations teams to help drive sales including sales calls to promote Smart VR or reconcile grower concerns on fertility, fungicide or seeding recommendation (Rx) as required.
- Traveling within the region to meet with growers (when conditions permit)
What you'll need to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Agriculture
- Strong understanding of Agronomy/Precision Agronomy, including regional farming practices, knowledge of fertilizer and seed, drainage regulations and farm equipment
- CCA accreditation preferred; willingness to obtain this designation is required
- Previous experience doing data collection for R&D purposes, growth staging, recognizing disease, weeds, growth, and other environmental pressures.
- A history of working with high tech hardware and software; technologically inclined
- Self-motivated with a genuine drive to provide great customer service
Farmers Edge offers a very competitive compensation package. Salary is dependent on qualifications and skill.