Objective of the Position
The role of the Digital Advertising Manager is to manage the advertising programs for our non-profit clients, maintain strong client relationships, bring on new technology partners or solutions, supervise and train staff, and cultivate a presence in the industry.
Under the supervision of a Senior Vice President, the Digital Advertising Manager is responsible for: developing expert lead generation and fundraising advertising strategies, managing and executing high quality campaigns across multiple digital platforms. This includes proactively optimizing paid search campaigns and Google grant campaigns, and work with third-party vendors to test new digital advertising channels and meet budgetary goals. The Digital Advertising Manager is also charged with creating ad spend budgets and projections, developing the annual strategic direction for the ads program, and analyzing the success of the program through reports and/or presentations to clients. The Digital Advertising Manager may supervise or train other members of the Digital Department advertising team.
The Digital Advertising Manager is also responsible for maintaining strong client relationships, including responding to urgent client needs, initiating contact, and providing strategic advice or thoughts to clients who are just getting started with advertising. The Digital Advertising Manager should have a detailed understanding of digital advertising as a direct response fundraising channel and the ability to work as part of a team to fulfill client needs.
The Digital Advertising Manager is a leader within Lautman and the industry. They are expected to take on internal Lautman responsibilities outside their client work (such as being a part of an internal committee) and establish and maintain a network of industry professionals by attending industry functions.
Develops and oversees advertising program for clients:
- Provides ongoing strategic recommendations including testing, audience targeting, creative direction, and platforms.
- Analyzes results and proactively reports out on performance, and adjusts strategy and spend allocation accordingly.
- Writes or supervises the writing of copy and the liaising with the Art Department to get art deliverables created
- Creates annual advertising budget, tracks spending and manages the billing and invoicing with the Finance Department
- Creates testing strategies that address major client goals or problem areas
Supervises and trains junior staff
Serves as an internal subject matter expert, providing advice to other client teams as needed and staying updated on changes within advertising platforms
Participates in digital audits or new business proposals
Attends training sessions, conferences and industry events, and maintains an industry presence, cultivating a network of professionals within the industry.
Executes advertising campaigns including:
- Kicks off the creative and loads creative assets into ads platform
- Sends data requests and load data into ads platform
- Works with client or digital production specialist to get pixels, donation pages, and advocacy pages associated with ads properly set up
- Monitors ad performance and makes recommendations to optimize ads based on performance in real-time (i.e., audience adjustments, turning off ads that are not effective, etc.)
- Sets new clients up on advertising platform
Oversees any freelancers and acts as main point-of-contact for advertising vendors
Eight years of digital advertising experience, preferably with a non-profit, advocacy organization or agency; Experience using ad platforms including Google Campaign Manager and Facebook Business Manager; experience running integrated campaigns including display, search, and social media; understanding of pixel management, strong attention to detail; highly organized; flexible and able to multitask; self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit.
Please Note: This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined here and other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job. This is an exempt position.
Lautman Maska Neill & Company seeks qualified candidates for all open positions. Lautman Maska Neill & Company is an equal opportunity employer and conducts all business activities, including hiring and other employment decisions, without regard to the employee or applicant’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, or breastfeeding), age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family responsibilities, genetic information, disability, matriculation, or political affiliation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Work Location: Remote