Job descriptionDevelopment Services Architect/Engineer - ( 2200002U )
Licensed professional engineer or registered architect assigned as a technical lead, project manager or team leader to provide engineering services for the investigation, evaluation, planning, computer modeling, design, construction, and construction inspection of public infrastructure and systems for projects.
- Registration in the State of Florida as a Professional Engineer (active status) in the applicable discipline as required by the Florida Statutes Chapter 471; OR
- Registration in the State of Florida as a Professional Architect (active status) in the State of Florida as required by the Florida Statutes Chapter 481; AND
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License.
- Customer Commitment - Proactively seeks to understand the needs of the customers and provide the highest standards of service.
- Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
- Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.
- Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
- Independently reviews and approves development services permit applications.
- Inspects building and site construction and the installation of plumbing, electrical, or gas systems or mechanical equipment for compliance with state and county codes, laws and ordinances.
- Inspects construction sites for general compliance with zoning, flood, and other site requirements.
- Serves as architectural/ engineering technical specialist in the application of advanced concepts, principles and methods in assigned area; remains informed of new techniques, technology, and requirements for the purposes of recommending changes in programs or applications; interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates assignments.
- Applies a thorough knowledge of current principles and practices of architecture/engineering as related to the variety of aspects; applies expertise acquired through progressive architectural/ engineering experience to resolve crucial issues and unique conditions; remains informed of new methods and practices, and recommends new practices or changes in emphasis of projects.
- Interacts with architects, engineers, clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others; leads project meetings and makes presentations; represents the County and maintains productive relationships with individuals and related organizations.
- Receives administrative supervision with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- Manages and facilitates extensive and/ or complex projects through the permit and inspection processes.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices for assigned functional area.
- Knowledge of large and complex construction project management methods and practices.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances, and other professional sources of information pertaining to public infrastructure, building and zoning codes, environmental permitting, and real estate.
- Knowledge of field testing, sampling and investigative techniques and procedures.
- Work is performed in an office environment and construction sites.
- Requires frequent standing, sitting, walking, and stooping.
Incumbents in this classification must possess and maintain the necessary job related license(s) and/or certification(s).
Employees in this classification that acquire the competencies and minimum qualifications for the next tier will be able to apply for promotional opportunities through a competitive selection process. Employees will not automatically be upgraded to the next tier. Reclassifying a position is based on business need and financial impact and is not based solely on the job competencies or qualifications of the incumbent. #VIZI
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Tampa Job : Development Services Architect/Engineer.E.Const Organization : CAD-DS-Development Services Schedule : Regular Shift : Standard Job Type : Full-time Job Posting : Jan 20, 2022 Classification Type : Unclassified Application Deadline : Ongoing Salary Range : 29.55 -47.28 US Dollar (USD) Hourly
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Duly Health and Care Downers Grove, IL 60515 30+ days ago
Comcast Tooele, UT 84074 $40,000 - $45,000 a year 1 day ago
Mondelēz International Chicago, IL 4 days ago