Job descriptionDescription - External:
- Perform daily pre-trip and safety inspections on equipment prior to commencing route.
- Partner with routers to acquire delivery schedule and communicate delays, arrivals, and/or equipment problems as encountered.
- Drive established route to deliver wine and spirits beverage products to assigned customers.
- Assemble customer orders and place on hand truck to complete delivery cycle. Place product in storage and or account specific designated areas.
- Record route activity and produce accurate and thorough delivery records and roadnet.
- Comply with company safety standards, Department of Transportation regulations, Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations, and warehouse delivery policies/procedures.
- Keep interior of truck organized, clean and smoke free.
- Work flexible hours which include early morning (6:00 a.m. start times), evenings, and/or weekends.
- Additional hours required during the peak season of October, November and December.
- Ensure correct delivery of product.
Qualifications - External
- High school diploma/GED.
- Must possess a Class A/B Commercial Driver License and acceptable Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- Adhere to all Department of Transportation (DOT) regulatory requirements and the Federal Motor Carrier (FMC) guidelines.
- Ability to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator.
- Language skills allow employee to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Provide high level of customer service to ensure accounts are satisfied with product and timeliness of deliveries.
- Able to regularly and consistently lift and carry 45-60+ pound cases of product. Competent working independently on a daily basis with minimal supervision.
- 1 year minimum driving experience with a CDL.
- Previous delivery and distribution experience in the food and beverage industry. Familiarity with Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
About Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits:
Southern Glazer's Wine & Spirits is the largest distributor of beverage alcohol in North America, and proud to be a multi-generational, family-owned company. Southern Glazer’s has a proud history of consistently delivering impeccable service in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia, Canada and the Caribbean. It’s all made possible by our employees. Our careers focus on delivering a captivating and rewarding experience. Challenging our colleagues every step of the way, we provide the tools for them to grow, succeed and accomplish both their personal and professional goals. Together, we can deliver the highest quality service for our suppliers and our customers while we put you on the career path you’ve been looking for.Southern Glazer’s is nationally recognized by its supplier partners as well as by its customers for its state-of-the-art distribution capabilities and its leading-edge information technology. We also believe in the importance of giving back, being a socially responsible corporate citizen and making generous contributions to national, state and local charitable organizations.