Data, Research & Insights
LocationNew York or Remote Americas
Job typePermanent We are currently recruiting for a number of data science roles within the multidisciplinary Spotify Ads Insights team. We are looking for experienced and accomplished Data Scientists to join us at the Associate/Data Scientist level.
Our mission is to enable the product and business teams to meet their objectives through evidence based decision making and customer focus. As a data scientist in this group you will use the whole range of data science tools and capabilities to conduct analysis related to one or more of the following areas of focus:
- User facing advertising product development
- Client facing product development for advertisers and publishers
- Platform and machine learning engineering performance
- Product marketing
- Sales and operation
- Strategic research
What you'll do
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract practical insights that will help drive product, platform and business decisions
- Design and conduct A/B tests to drive iterative improvement to both user and advertiser metrics through efficient experimentation
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key partners
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of engineers, user researchers, product owners, designers and business decision makers who are passionate about Spotify’s success
- Build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics
- Help us develop our knowledge and practice around the development and evaluation ML driven and user focused products
- Develop individually to continue to grow your impact, and help mentor peers
Who you are
- You have experience in a similar data science role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative subject area.
- Ideally you have experience working in an analytics role that focuses on improving internal decision making while working with one of - platform teams, ML functions, product teams, sales teams or marketing teams and have conducted A/B tests, defined metrics and delivered exploratory analyses.
- You have the technical competence to perform more advanced analytics:Coding skills for analytics and data extraction (SQL, Python, Pandas) Data visualization (such as Tableau, D3, ggplot, Looker)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Strong understanding of statistics and machine learning
- You value cross-disciplinary work and understand how to match qualitative research with your quantitative analysis.
- You are capable of solving very loosely defined problems.
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with colleagues and collaborators and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms.
- You are curious, exhibit a growth mindset and are excited by working on a constantly evolving team
Where you'll work
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
Our global benefitsExtensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse. Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success. Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents. All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub. Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs. Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at SpotifySpotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
CVS Health Illinois $17.00 - $27.16 an hour 30+ days ago
Post Consumer Brands Lakeville, MN 55044 25 days ago