About the company
Albertsons Companies is at the forefront of the revolution in retail. With a fixation on innovation and building culture, our team is rallying our company around a unique vision: forging a retail winner that is admired for national strength, deep roots in the communities we serve, and a team that has passion for food and delivering great service.
Albertsons Companies is one of the largest retail employers, providing approximately 300,000 jobs across 2,200 stores, 22 distribution centers, 20 food and beverage plants and various support offices. We operate in 34 states and the District of Columbia under the Albertsons banner, as well as Safeway, Tom Thumb, Jewel Osco, Shaw’s and many more recognizable names.
The AEC Customer Service Specialist will provide Tier 2 support focusing on data management and help desk case resolution providing timely and accurate answers to employee questions focusing on recruiting and onboarding issues, payroll, human resources processing, benefits, employment verifications, and general employment. Requires good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office and general HR and payroll/tax guidelines and laws.
- Conduct research and various systematic transactions utilizing the Company’s new Oracle HCM program to resolve help desk tickets regarding various Human Resources processes including recruiting and onboarding issues, payroll, benefits, employment verifications, and general employment inquiries.
- Flexible work hours with a minimum of 20 hours a week required.
- Little to no time working in the call queue
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED required. Those pursuing Associates or Graduate degrees preferred.
6+ months experience frequently communicating (minimum 60 percent of the time) with customers by phone, e-mail, and/or face to face.
Skills and Experiences:
- Requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills, some judgment, and sensitivity to customer questions and issues.
- Some working knowledge of payroll, human resources, recruiting and onboarding guidelines.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft and Oracle programs.
- Strong sense of customer service, verbal communication skills, business ethics, sensitivity to confidential information.
- Must be dependable and able to handle a fast-paced high case volume atmosphere.
- Strong computer and data entry skills
- Ability to utilize multiple screens to perform various tasks
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS : None
- Sits for extended periods of time.
- Bending, stooping and twisting required periodically.
- Uses calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other office equipment in the course of normal workday.
- Workday is fast paced.
What it is like at Albertsons Companies?
Albertsons Companies Culture Principles
Compassion : We always treat each other with kindness and respect
Team : We always support and recognize each other
Inclusive : We always value everyone’s perspective
Learning : We always strive to grow and develop ourselves and others
Competitive : We always act with integrity to win over the customer
Ownership : We always take actions to drive our success
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.