Established in 2017, Vivacity, LLC provides communications infrastructure solutions and services that delivers lasting value for its customers, employees, communities and investors and makes technology-enabled innovation possible.
Vivacity, LLC is a Columbia Capital portfolio company with three operating arms – Vivacity Networks, eX² Technology, LLC and Terra Consulting Group, LLC. Together, our companies provide comprehensive fiber, wireless and related facility design, deployment, operations, maintenance and unique financing and commercialization options – all from one trusted source.
Do you enjoy designing or managing related telecom construction projects? As the Customer Engineer at eX2 Technology, you will develop technical solutions, compose associated technical writing and assist with cost estimates for the purpose capturing new business and responding to requests for proposals (RFPs).
What’s in it for You?
· Competitive pay
· An opportunity to work closely with business development, marketing, estimating operations, and the engineering staff within the project development group to develop innovative, accurate and bid winning solutions to drive growth in this exciting and entrepreneurial spirited organization.
· Flat organizational structure
What does a typical day look like?
You will complete high-level solutions and designs, estimates, technical writing and cost reviews for fiber to the home, telecommunications, smart city and intelligent transportation systems. You will design high level telecommunications systems including FTTx and fiber optic route design, general networking equipment, fiber optic network communications equipment, wireless network communications equipment, communications power and battery backup systems, etc. You will design high level ITS including roadway sensors, roadway cameras and license plate systems, messaging signs, roadway weather stations, parking detection systems, traffic speed and detection systems, etc. You will travel as required. Travel requirement is up to 10%, but typically less than 5%. 1-2 week of notice to travel is normal, and solely driven by customer needs. You will review of bid and proposal documents. You will attend site visits and pre bid meetings with customers to establish design and bid criteria.
- Four-year degree preferred. The ideal candidate will have some level of a degree in technical field such as electrical engineering, network engineering, civil engineering, technical electronics, engineering technology, advanced integrated technology, computer science or related scientific field of study
- Have a suitable work environment and location for fully remote work (i.e. minimal distractions, acceptable location for video conferencing, adequate internet connectivity, etc.)
- Only US citizens will be considered due to certain customer project security requirements. Please do not apply if you are not a US citizen.
- General interest in technology.
- Experience in presenting to potential customers and clients.
- Knowledge of fiber optics and telecommunications systems and architecture (Ethernet, DMVM, FTTH, SONET, true open access networks, etc.).
To view the full job description, please go to https://www.ex2technology.com/careers.
Vivacity Networks is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $100,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Bonus pay
- Do you have knowledge of telecommunications outside and inside plant infrastructure design and products?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: Remote