Job descriptionThis position will perform day-to-day construction activities of all assigned projects. This position assists in all aspects of construction activity and volunteer leadership.
Build sites from Eastern Palm Beach County to Glades area | Car pool commute available from east to western communities
- Scope of work includes: demo, framing, hanging, finishing and trim.
- Perform hands-on construction tasks as directed.
- Comply with all company policies, procedures, and safety requirements and maintain a safe and clean environment.
- Direct volunteers on site to ensure all work done is high quality and completed on schedule.
- Train and work with both skilled and unskilled volunteers on volunteer construction days. Create a work environment that keeps volunteers engaged throughout the day.
- Assemble members of staff, and volunteers at start of each volunteer construction day and communicate schedule for the day/week.
- Demonstrate positive attitude towards volunteers, subcontractors and staff on-site to build a strong partnership with all parties.
- Work in conjunction with staff, volunteers and homeowners on projects assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to teach volunteers how to use equipment safely and complete the necessary tasks.
- Involve every future homeowner in the construction process.
- Treat future homeowners and volunteers with respect and dignity. Strives to make their construction involvement meaningful.
- Assist in identifying volunteer jobs/needs not currently filled and satisfies needs with appropriate volunteers.
- Related duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Ability to provide own transportation and tools within the service area to jobsites which includes all of Palm Beach County.
- Must meet Affiliate’s driver guidelines for insurability.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Effective communication and listening skills both verbal and non-verbal.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite and other assorted programs.
- Must be able to provide clear driving record upon employment.
- Worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operates machines, such as lathes, drill presses, power saws, and mills where the seeing job is at or within arm’s reach; performs mechanical or skilled trade tasks of a non-repetitive nature.
- Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Typical construction site settings combined with office environment; subject to both environmental conditions, activities occurring inside and outside and often extreme temperatures.
- Limited travel may be required, fast paced environment with medium-high stress based on multiple projects, deadlines, timelines and the need to react quickly and respond quickly.
- Strong commitment to the Habitat for Humanity mission, principles, and guidelines.
- Attention to detail with strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with and serve a diverse demographic.
- Strong aptitude to work in a team environment and to seek partnerships in planning and plan execution.
Apply at: www.habitatpbc.org/careers
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
US Veterans Health Administration New Orleans, LA Today
Pure Lighting Company Seattle, WA 98122 $45,000 - $50,000 a year Today