At Kulicke and Soffa, (NASDAQ:KLIC) our engineers make that decision daily. We are an international leading provider of robotic semiconductor packaging and electronic assembly solutions supporting the global automotive, consumer, communications, computing and industrial segments. Meaning…medical equipment, cell phones, autonomous automobiles, computers, space operations …all of these use products that our equipment helps to make.
Computer Vision Software Engineer Position Description
- Work closely with multi-site software teams to coordinate with your counterparts from around the globe to deliver software features that support advanced packaging equipment.
- Reviewing and co-specifying requirements.
- Work with system engineers to draft proposals for value-added vision features/solutions to improve machine UPH/Accuracy/MTBA.
- Interacts with other subsystem engineers (Mechanical, Electrical, Motion etc.) and help to assess different design alternatives for pros/cons.
- Designing and coding the software using C++ language.
- Implementation and testing.
- Support advanced packaging equipment demo, qualification and buyoff in-house or at international customer sites.
- Experience in software design and implementation.
- Proficient in C++ and Object Oriented Analysis & Object Oriented Design Methodologies
- Experiences with C++ in .NET development environment.
- Deep theoretical & practical background in Applied Mathematics, Optimization, Signal Processing, Object/Pattern Recognition.
- Experience in debug and bring-up of prototype HW/SW systems including optics, illumination, imaging sensors, and their interactions with motion systems
- Experience with developing C++ real time image processing algorithms under Win32 and MFC, Linux, TCP/IP Networking, multithreading, and inter-process communication.
- Experience with 3rd party imaging tools/APIs/SDKs such as MIL (matrox imaging library), Matlab, OpenCV or other open source libraries is a plus point.
- Experience or exposure in using machine learning techniques such as developing a high level image scene classifier and/or applying adaptive vision algorithms based on features extraction and data mining, ability to construct the whole system from concept development, data collection, real time implementation to field deployment.
- Prior experience in the architecture, design and development of real-time control software for semiconductor equipment with software preferred.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or related fields.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
We began as a start-up and now 70 years later as a successful public corporation, still retain the spirit of offering our core values to employees and customers alike. With R&D centers of excellence in the USA, Europe and Asia, we bring together today’s generation of talent, collaborating on tomorrow’s technologies. For more information, please forward your resume to us.