Care through kindness and respect, always.
- Paid Travel and Mileage Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Recognition Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Mobile provider discounts
ADDITIONAL PERKS BASED ON ELIGIBILITY
- Medical, Vision, Life, and Pet insurance
- 401k 100% vested
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
You will work with your staffing manager to find what hours work best for both you and the client.
- Daily hours - 5am to 8am and/or 8pm - 10pm
- Visits are an average of 1 – 3 hours per home
- Hutchinson, MN
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with personal cares such as bathing, dressing, grooming, feeding, toileting, routine catheter and colostomy care, ambulation, transfers or positioning.
- Performs simple dressing changes that do not require the skills of a licensed nurse.
- Assists with physician-ordered medications which are ordinarily self-administered under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse. Typically, this involves reminding the client of the specific times to take their medication.
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of therapy services under the direction and supervision of the therapist.
- Range of motion exercises
- Home exercise program
- Reports changes in the client's condition and needs to the Registered Nurse.
- Performs household services essential to health care at home, including, but not limited to:
- Meal preparation/feeding
- Light housekeeping
- Completes the appropriate records to document care given and pertinent observations.
- Communicates effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains a safe client environment and identifies and reports of any suspected vulnerable client abuse, neglect, or financial exploitation.
- Maintains client confidentiality; treats clients and families with respect.
- Understands, accepts and responds to the emotional needs of each client.
- Participates in in-service programs to meet compliance requirements.
- Accepts and fulfills assignments and exercises judgement in accepting assignments.
- Understands and follows infection control policies including proper handwashing
- May assist with precepting other HHA’s.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned by RN.
- Heavy to Very Heavy physical demands - involves lifting client, bending, stooping and stretching. Must be adaptable to a variety of environments and settings in the community. Must assess physical and emotional needs and be able to respond appropriately. Must have car or bus capability.
- Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for heavy work.
- Currently or have previously been on the Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Registry or successfully completed a formal certification training program and passed a written test and competency evaluation. The certificate must not have been revoked, suspended, and without limitations or restrictions.
- Be at least eighteen (18) years of age, or if 16-17 years of age, has participated in a related school based job training program or completed a certified HHA Competency Evaluation.
- Have at least six months experience in a health care facility.
- Have demonstrated sympathetic attitude toward care of others who are vulnerable.
- Possess the ability to read, write and carry out directions.
- Possess the maturity to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Have demonstrated the ability to work with little supervision and make appropriate judgements.
- Have demonstrated dependability, tact and ability to follow orders.
- Proof of negative mantoux or documentation of negative chest x-ray.
- Access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation in order to travel to multiple company business stops a day.
- A valid driver’s license and proof of car insurance when using a personal vehicle for company business.
- Have U.S. Citizenship or evidence of valid Alien Work Permit.
- Disclose any conviction and criminal history records pertaining to any crime related to the provision of health services. A candidate who has been convicted of such crimes will be not be hired.
- Pass initial and ongoing background studies and screenings including but not limited to those of the Minnesota Department of Health and the Federal Office of the Inspector General’s List of Excluded Individuals/Entities.
- Provide proof you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Medical and religious vaccine exemption requests must be approved by the company before your start date