Founded in 1969, Herzog is headquartered in St. Joseph, Missouri, with a satellite office in Fort Worth, Texas.
Over the course of our 50+ year history, Herzog has become a national leader in the construction, operations and maintenance of commuter rail, light rail, streetcar, and freight rail projects.
We believe our culture is at the heart of our existence. It is that belief which empowers every member of our professional family to act with purpose and passion as they advance their career throughout their personal pursuit of excellence.
Backed by over five decades of experience, Herzog delivers exceptional customer service and elite results.
Our success is the outcome of our relentless pursuit of excellence, our passion for our customers, safety without compromise, and a deep-rooted belief in the power of team.
We invite you to join us on our journey to excellence as we work to be better today than yesterday and better tomorrow than today.
Herzog Transit Services, Inc. is currently seeking Cleaner in Stockton, California to join our team. Cleans interior and exterior of passenger rail cars and locomotives. Performs daily cleaning tasks on cars and weekly cleaning in locomotive cab. Main duties are primarily standard and repetitious in nature.
Duties and Responsibilities:
*This is a non-exhaustive overview of the job duties for this position.
- Performs daily cleaning tasks on the interior of passenger rail cars and/or locomotive cabs including, but not limited to collection and removal of trash in cars; cleans windows, seats, tables, doors and panels; scrubs walls with brushes and cleaning solution; cleans and polishes stainless steel handrails and trim; cleans and sanitizes restroom appliances including toilet, vanity, mirror, sink and walls; mops floors and vacuums carpeting; cleans offices, restrooms, lunchroom and locker rooms weekly; removes trash, vacuums, mops floors, cleans toilets, urinals, sinks and shower stalls; washes cleaning towels.
- Restocks supplies such as toilet paper, hand soap, paper towels and cleaning carts.
- May wash exterior of cars and locomotives when scheduled.
- May distributes seat pamphlets periodically.
- May restock passenger report cards and safety sensitive literature on cars.
- Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- The essential duties and responsibilities contained herein describe the scope of this position, but should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements.
- Interfaces with ACE representatives and passengers
- Interfaces with dispatchers and freight railroad personnel
- Interfaces with other operation and mechanical employees
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality are a requirement for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Cleaning experience preferred.
- Visual acuity and hearing required.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Ability to follow instructions furnished in written and oral form, and to understand instructions in English.
- Ability to understand and follow safety rules, work rules and procedures.
- Ability to work well with other employees.
- Ability to complete tasks within a specified time period.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to report to work on time.
- Ability to work flexible shifts, schedules and overtime.
- Ability to perform quality work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact well with coworkers.
- Ability to understand, follow and implement posted work rules and company procedures.
- Ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Ability to function independently without requiring assistance or disturbing the work of others.
- Subject to pre-employment background check and motor vehicle report review.
- Subject to pre-employment physical, medical evaluation, and drug screen due to the safety sensitive nature of this position.
- Successfully complete and maintain any required safety certification and testing on an annual basis.
The physical demands described below must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this role. This position will be physically demanding at times. This is a non-exhaustive overview of the physical requirements of this job.
- Able to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Regularly lift weight up to 20 pounds to waist height.
- Work in a confined access/space environment with a width of 24 inches.
- Must be able to adapt to various temperature extremes including but not limited to heat, cold, moisture and wind.
- Able to tolerate repetitive movements: bending and overhead reaching.
- Regularly ascend/descend a platform with a height of up to 12 inches from the floor.
- Occasionally ascend/descend a ladder.
- Regularly ascend/descend stairs.
- Frequently bend, crouch, stand and sit for extended time.
- Must be able to be aware of surroundings and follow verbal commands while being exposed to moderately loud noises on a daily basis.
- Exposure to various chemical cleaners on a daily basis.
- Herzog is nationally recognized for its excellent corporate safety record which results from all employees at all levels, in all positions adhering to established policies and procedures. Reporting all safety violations to your immediate supervisor is a prerequisite for continued employment. Safety diligence by all results in a safe work environment for all.
- Herzog offers a robust benefits package including medical and dental coverage. The plans are specific to projects and locations.
Led by our beliefs and executed through our behaviors, at Herzog we build upon each other’s contributions by collaborating to make great things possible.
When you join Herzog, we give you the ability and authority to do the same. We will help you take charge of your 20 square feet in a manner that you will facilitate your growth and advancement as a person, as a member of our professional family and in your career.
If you are interested in joining our team, click the Apply button below to start an application.
It is the policy of Herzog Transit Services, Inc. to provide equal opportunity in employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, age, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations