The Laurel School District is seeking both part time Class E Van Drivers for daily a.m. and/or p.m. routes. Regular routes run approximately 4 hours per day (2 hours AM and 2 hours PM). This is a Level IV position with a beginning wage of $14.90 per hour.
- Work history demonstrating dependability and reliability; good driving record; high school diploma or equivalent; or any combination of training and experience likely to provide the desired knowledge and abilities
- Possession of valid Montana driver’s license (class E)
- Holds valid basic First Aid and CPR certificates. This requirement shall be governed by rules and regulations established by the Superintendent of Public Instruction, provided such rules may suspend the requirement for a reasonable period of time where there has been inadequate opportunity for securing the first aid course and certification
- Minimum of five years of licensed driving and at least 18 years of age.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and follow all other rules of drug and alcohol testing.
- Ability to pass a DOT medical exam.
- Prior to first day of employment, fingerprints, background checks, and other district requirements must be complete.
- Operates a passenger van or transportation vehicle over an assigned route in accordance with an established schedule, while exercising extreme caution and professionalism through a variety of weather and road conditions.
- Boards and discharges student passengers in a safe and orderly manner and prepares student discipline citations as needed.
- Adheres to all rules/regulations as established in the district safety policy and strives to maintain an accident-free work place.
- Enforces District policies and procedures related to transportation and maintains order on the passenger van.
- Prepares daily reports/paperwork related to job assignment.
- Complies with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations.
- Participates in training, workshops and meetings as necessary.
- Conducts routine vehicle safety
- Maintains awareness of work environment and immediately notifies transportation director of any potential hazards observed.
- Reports accidents or injuries to the transportation director immediately.
- Ensures compliance with applicable provisions of state motor vehicle code and education code, as related to driving and transporting students.
Only minimum duties are listed. Other functions may be required as assigned.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED First Review March 7, 2022
To apply for this position, please go to www.laurel.k12.mt.us, click on the Employment button under Quick Links. For questions, please call (406) 628-3360.
Applicants must have a complete application before they will be considered for the position. Applications must be completed before the job closing deadline. A complete application consists of the completed application including all questions answered, job history, at least two references (one reference must be from a supervisor). References from friends or family are not sufficient. Resume, cover letter, and a copy of unofficial transcript(s), are acceptable and required for teaching and professional positions. Verification of military service is required if applying for veterans preference.
If you are an internal candidate (current employee) you would only be required to complete the internal application and any required documentation that you do not have on file.
Date Notice Posted: February 28, 2022
The purpose of this Notice of Job Listing is to advertise a job vacancy.
It does not in any way represent an employment contract.
LAUREL SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 7 AND 7-70 IS AN E.E.O. EMPLOYER