- JobID: 3889 Position Type:
- Ensures the general care of all students in the assigned classroom.
- Assists with enrichment activities based on the written activity/lesson plans.
- Participates in the children’s activities by interacting, observing, extending language experiences, modeling desired behavior and facilitating conflict resolution as using only positive guidance techniques.
- Assists with the supervision of children, maintains ratios and keeps a daily attendance roster, including children going to and from the program.
- Provides a clean and organized environment where children are safe, nurtured and valued.
- Maintains the environment so that the activities/centers are engaging and developmentally appropriate.
- Participates in daily cleaning and safety checklist.
- Reports supply needs and maintenance needs to the Site Director.
- Follows the Vail School District Governing Board Polices and Procedures along with the Community Programs Staff Handbook and Early Childhood Accrediting Agencies.
- Follows the A.C.T. and G.R.E.A.T. statements as explained in the Community Programs Staff Handbook.
- Follows rules and regulations of the Arizona Department of Health Services.
- Ensures all policies and procedures are followed, and all relevant forms, from and to the parents, are collected and completed daily.
- Attends and actively participates in all required staff meetings and obtains a minimum of 24 hours of professional development each year that meet DHS Licensing requirements with verification of attendance to be placed in personnel file.
- Reads the staff notebook and signs in and out daily.
- Builds relationships by greeting parents daily and directing them to the appropriate person when they have questions or concerns.
- Maintains a work environment that generates trust, collaboration, and caring.
- Assumes tasks assigned by the Site Director, Regional Site Director, Enrichment Program Coordinator and/or the Director of Community Programs.
- Performs tasks assigned by the Site Director, Regional Site Director, Enrichment Program Coordinator and/or the Director of Community Programs.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Community Programs staff, representatives of local and state agencies, families and the public.
- Must be able to work with a diverse population, including those with various individual needs.
Cottonwood Elementary School Community Programs
SALARY LEVEL: 3 HOURS PER DAY: 5 DAYS PER YEAR: 261 SCHEDULED HOURS: Varies
Please visit http://www.vailschooldistrict.org/human-resources/salary-guides/ to view our Classified Salary Guide.
SUMMARY Works with the Early Childhood Specialist and Childcare Lead to provide quality care in an environment that allows children to develop to their potential. Children will be engaged in activities designed to promote social, physical and intellectual growth.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
? QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE High school diploma or equivalent AND minimum of one month of related experience and/or training.
?LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to listen and obtain clarification. Requires the ability to record and deliver information, to explain procedures, to follow oral and written instructions. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively to students, parents, employees, and members of the community. Ability to write activity/lesson plans, routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with students who have special needs.
CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS Responds promptly to customer needs, solicits feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
ETHICS, JUDGEMENT, PROFESSIONALISM Treats others with respect and dignity. Upholds organizational mission, vision, and values. Demonstrates willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process. Makes timely decisions. Approaches others in a respectful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, rates, ratios and proportions to practical situations. Ability to draw and interpret graphs.
REASONING ABILITY Ability to apply common sense, understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram from. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Works well in group problem solving situations. Uses reason when dealing with emotional topics and situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card. Ability to obtain CPR and First Aid certifications. Must submit a report of a negative Mantoux skin test administered no later than 12 hours after the employment start date; or a physician’s written statement that the employee is currently free of tuberculosis.
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Jewish National Fund New York, NY $60,000 - $75,000 a year 30+ days ago
Boldly New York State $24 an hour 5 days ago