Job descriptionPlanned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seek a strategic and dynamic Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CIO leads the Information Strategy & Services department and reports to the Chief Operating Officer in the COO Division of PPFA.
The Chief Information Officer is responsible for navigating a Federated model witth disparate digital platforms and technology systems across our National and Global offices as well as the shared services needs of our Affiliate stakeholders. This role requires a strong strategic thinker, a change leader, an effective communicator and an expert in enterprise digital technological development and growth.
- The CIO leads the development of the digital technology vision, strategy and roadmap for the organization in alignment with the overall business strategy set by the President and the Board of Directors. The CIO is a leader who can connect technology through and across PPFA, bringing cohesion and unity to the existing platforms, systems and data functions. This role leads teams of experts in evaluating, developing and implementing “fit-for-purpose” solutions to leverage best-in-class infrastructure enhancing and informing digital transformation across the business, advocacy, patient/customer/donor/constituent, and information platforms, processes and strategies all while ensuring safe and secure operating environments.
- This role leads the delivery of the organization’s digital technology vision and strategy, ensuring the technological and business resources are properly allocated and the processes are aligned with the business and mission to allow implementation without negative impact to day-to-day operations.
- Leads the strategy and vision for PPFA’s technology, incorporating Executive Leadership expertise and insight. Aligning the technology strategy and vision to the organization's goals and objectives.
- Works across the stakeholder universe to engage, excite and encourage “next generational” thinking in the future of our work.
- Connects and unifies PPFA on managing, maintaining, securing, building and growing automation through digital and information technology and data in order to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensures that technological resources (staffing, equipment/software, funding, etc.) meet the organization's strategic priorities and infrastructure requirements.
- Generates roadmaps, budgets & timelines for investment and deployment of technological systems and services in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Leads robust and inclusive governance processes to clearly determine and communicate priorities for investments in technologies.
- Advises Executive Leadership Team (ELT) members and Affiliate executive management on opportunities for technological advancement.
- Provides support for the delivery of technology programs to the Federation.
- Enables technology practices that adhere to regulatory and industry standards and processes, while also ensuring proper policies, processes, and procedures are in place.
- Leads, champions, and mentors technology management and staff in delivery of technical services to PPFA and the Affiliates with a focus on career, training, advancement, and recognition.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- The CIO works closely with the Chief Operations Officer (COO) to advise the President & CEO on technological strategy. This position participates with executive leadership in priority setting, frequently engaging with Affiliate leadership and staff, and Board and Federation task groups on technology and systems delivery. The CIO will have responsibility, authority, and accountability for PPFA’s technology including budget and staffing responsibility.
- The CIO will be responsible for day-to-day operations for all functions within the information and strategy group.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Master’s Degree in Business, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 10+ years of technological and managerial experience.
- 5+ years of experience managing at an executive level desired.
- Advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Change leadership acuity and experience in leading enterprise-level technology change efforts highly desired
- Ability to work with various personalities and perspectives; a strong appreciation and champion for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ability to be a visionary; have a view of the future of relevant technologies; to envision a variety of possibilities that will offer transformative opportunities to the Federation.
- Exceptional team management skills. Ability to delegate effectively.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Finance, Project Management and Business Modeling.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
- Familiarity working in a complex matrix or federated organizational environment.
- Ability to build formal and informal relationships, processes, and agreements for technological collaboration.
- Current knowledge of IT tools and resources to maximize efficiencies, then provide guidance and roadmaps for implementations.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong Emotional Intelligence.
- Significant abilities for assessing an organization, situation and needs then turning results into actionable plans and deliverables.
- Post-Covid restrictions, approximately 25% to US regions
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If denoted as NYC, DC, or both, this position is usually located in our New York City or DC office, but is remote while offices remain closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
GO-JEK Jakarta Today
Marble PC Denver, CO $90,000 - $160,000 a year 27 days ago