Job descriptionDevelops, manages and deploys metallurgy, corrosion, welding, coatings & linings, non-metallics, and insulation & refractory technology solutions to ensure reliability and integrity of piping, equipment, structures, and pipelines.
Leads projects of large scope and complexity under minimal supervision. Work regularly has BU level impact. Detailed knowledge of work function, related functions, and industry practices.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Chemical Advisor through June 29th at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time
Senior Materials & Corrosion Engineer works in the Surface Assurance Team (Asset Integrity, Reliability & Efficiency) with specific responsibility for the management of the Chemical and Corrosion mitigation program. Working alongside Facilities Engineering, Production Engineering, Operations, technical teams, Asset Integrity Engineers and with CTC Subject Matter Experts you will manage activities supporting chemical program management (including contractors), chemical performance analytics, corrosion modeling, predictive analysis, and corrosion mitigation. Collaborate with stakeholders and participate on cross-functional project teams. Assist in organizing equipment failure analysis reports into easily shared and communicated learnings. Develop and implement corrosion prevention strategies, specifically using chemical mitigation. Contribute to creating and writing chemical program management and corrosion prevention standards for the RBU. Asset Integrity in RBU underpins the success of operating life of assets in a drill to fill utilization environment and is a tangible example of efforts in place to prevent loss of containment events.
- Engineering or other scienced based degree with skilled practitioner level experience in chemical applications and corrosion mitigation in oil and gas environment.
- Proven examples behaviors developing strong and productive working relationships with a variety of stakeholders by demonstrating integrity and naturally building trust.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proven success managing a Chemical and Corrosion mitigation program and Project Management is required with a keenness to show drive, solve complex problems and the ability work independently.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication, including presentation skills with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Fundamental knowledge in materials & corrosion, inspection technology, failure analysis, and pipeline integrity management.
- Ability to collaborate with, contribute to, coach, mentor and support cross-functional teams and contractor personnel.
- Actively listens and asks open questions to support others making their thinking visible, provides logical reasoning / challenge to attain optimal technical solutions.
Expatriate assignmentswill not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS: This role is not eligible for expatriate assignment. Global Offshore Payroll applicants must be able to use current US work authorization or otherwise able to obtain work authorization within 4 months of acceptance. Refer to the US Immigration PDC FAQ - 1H22.docx for more information about visa appointment timing.
The compensation and reference to benefits for this role is listed on this posting in compliance with Colorado law. The selected candidate’s salary will be determined based on his or her skills, experience, and qualifications.
The anticipated pay scale grade for this position is [23-25] and theanticipated salary range for this position is [$139,500 – $278,500].
Chevron offers competitive compensation and benefits programs which includes, but is not limited to, variable pay, healthcare coverage, retirement plan, insurance, time off programs, training and development opportunities and a range of allowances connected to specific work situations. Details of such benefits and allowances are available at https://hr2.chevron.com/.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breast-feeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability (including medical condition), military or veteran status, political preference, marital status, citizenship, genetic information or other status protected by law or regulation.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please email us at [email protected]
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.