Cash Applications Specialist
The purpose of this position is to post payments for Providence Home Services, by using the computer systems to accurately credit patient accounts and key complicated transactions, which includes exchanges, switch-outs, and revenue adjustments.
This position participates in the month-end closing process that includes preparing month-end summaries of revenue and accounts receivable for Providence Home Services. Providence Home Services provides durable medical equipment and supplies, nursing services, and pharmacy services to patients who do not require hospitalization but need these services to optimize their safety, comfort and quality of life while at home.
- Takes ownership for applying payments, refunds and adjustments for providing management with detailed revenue reports
- Interprets EOB's and payment documentation correctly as demonstrated by accurately applying payments to the correct patient account within a timely manner
- Accurately applies contractual adjustments to the correct account
- Provides management with concise and accurately detailed weekly and monthly revenue and credit summaries
- Problem refunds and adjustments are communicated to the appropriate billing staff for immediate action
- Challenges are clearly documented and, when appropriate, a copy of the EOB is forwarded to enable immediate action by the billing staff
- Participates in the invoicing process including, but not limited to, printing post-invoicing reports and summarizing run rates
- Ensures that payment files are maintained in a manner that preserves and safeguards the document from unnecessary damage
- Communicates concerns/needs and assists and answers staff concerns regarding posted payments or write-offs in a manner that promotes teamwork
- Assists with area projects and work as directed by the Supervisor or Manager
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent education and experience
- Experience in medical claims billing or insurance claims processing.
- College or professional business course in computer/ten keying, accounting, or math
- 3 years recent experience in cash posting, accounts payable, or other equivalent accounting experience
- 1 year recent experience with a computerized spreadsheet application, or combination of college/professional business school level training and experience
- Experience with multiple computerized spreadsheet applications
- Experience with HCPC codes
Our best-in-class benefits are uniquely designed to support you and your family in staying well, growing professionally and achieving financial security. We take care of you, so you can focus on delivering our Mission of caring for everyone, especially the most vulnerable in our communities.
About the department you will serve.
One Revenue Cycle (ORC) is the name adopted to reflect the Providence employees who work throughout Providence Health & Services (PH&S) in revenue cycle systems and structures in support of our ministries and operations in all regions from Alaska to California. ORC’s objective is to ensure our core strategy, One Ministry Committed to Excellence, is delivered along with the enhanced overall patient care experience (know me, care for me, ease my way) by providing a robust foundation of services, operational and technical support, and the sharing of comprehensive, relevant, and highly specialized revenue cycle expertise.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Billing/Insurance
Location: Washington-Liberty Lake
Other Location(s): Montana, California, Washington, Oregon, Texas, Alaska
Req ID: 366743