Job descriptionJob Description: The Advancement Information Services (AIS) Business Analyst will provide application support, maintenance, troubleshooting and adaptation of the University’s enterprise Advancement Information Systems, Blackbaud CRM(BBCRM) and Blackbaud Internet Solutions (BBIS), as well as other critical applications used by the division. This position will work closely with key line of business owners within the division, as well as a number of external units across the University, to effectively document, maintain and enhance system business processes and data solutions supporting advancement daily operations and initiatives. Requirements:
- Equivalent combination of education and experience or Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 or more years of providing implementation and technical support of CRM software. Blackbaud product experience strongly preferred, specifically with Blackbaud CRM.
- 2 or more years of business analysis and/or project management experience
- Experience working in a philanthropic or higher educational environment preferred.
- Ability to accurately document business requirements and ERP systems' information architecture.
- Strong analytical skills, including data analysis and system processes.
- Strong aptitude for diagnosing end user problems, identifying and implementing solutions.
- Knowledge of SQL or similar query language required, T-SQL preferred.
- Understanding of standard IT policies and procedures, including usage of test environments and change procedures.
- Proven history of utilizing Microsoft Excel to import, export, query and report on data.
- Familiarity with SDLC methodologies including requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of relational database architectures preferred.
- Experience with developing and implementing reporting vehicles and using CRM software to Query, extract and/or load data preferred.
- Propensity for strong, internal customer service delivery and a proactive approach to user efficiency.
- Excel at uncovering hidden trends in a volume of data.
- Detail oriented and organized with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated history of functioning independently while working well in a team-oriented environment, taking the initiative to be productive and efficient.
- Ability to effectively communicate with users of diverse backgrounds and skill levels.
- Assists the Department of Advancement Information Services with other duties as assigned.
- Protects confidential information.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a background check and education check satisfactory to Brown.
- Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their applications.
- Candidates must demonstrate a willingness and ability to support a diverse and inclusive environment.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume with their application.
In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work and must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site. Recruiting Start Date: 2022-05-24-07:00 Job Posting Title: Business Analyst Department: Advancement Grade: Grade 10 Worker Type: Employee Worker Sub-Type: Regular Time Type: Full time Scheduled Weekly Hours: 37.5 Position Classification: Hybrid Eligible Submission Guidelines: Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application. Vaccination Requirements: In order to maintain 90% or greater universal vaccination rates on campus, all newly hired employees at Brown University must receive the final dose of the COVID-19 vaccine before they begin work, unless they are approved for a medical or religious exemption. All employees must also receive a COVID-19 booster within thirty (30) days of becoming eligible. For more information, please visit the Healthy Brown site. Still Have Questions? If you have any questions you may contact [email protected] . EEO Statement: Brown University is an E-Verify Employer. Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.