Are you a natural story-teller with a background in games or entertainment marketing? Are you a highly organized individual looking for a creative challenge?
Come work on totally rad games with the Beamdog dream team! We're the devs behind MythForce— the 80s cartoon rogue-lite fit for Saturday mornings— and our catalogue of classics includes beloved Dungeons & Dragons RPGs, like Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
Reporting to the Brand Director this position is responsible for developing impactful messaging and marketing campaigns for our original IP, Mythforce.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write and refine marketing text (messaging for storefronts, social content, newsletters) for new and existing products
- Collaborate with the Brand Director, write and refine official marketing communications such as press kits, releases, FAQ’s, etc.
- Schedule and coordinate press activities including interviews, press contacts, review copies, etc.
- Maintain a rolling calendar of upcoming marketing and social media releases for review and approval
- Collaborate with the Brand Director, develop go-to-market strategy
- Oversee social & community team
- Review public facing websites and other social media content, inform stakeholders on social media goals, progress towards goals, major social media events and proposals and budgets for improvements
- Propose, plan, organize and schedule contests and events for the Beamdog community
- Maintain an official presence on the community forums, Interact with fans on social media, directing them to support where applicable and generally maintain a positive relationship and image between Beamdog and its clients
- Plan, budget, organize and schedule Beamdog events such as trade shows or conferences
- Other duties as assigned or required
- 2+ years experience within the games industry in a marketing capacity OR proven experience launching an entertainment or community related product. Past experience as a marketing or product marketing manager applicable
- Strong comfort level with all social media platforms (Twitter, IG, TikTok, Facebook) and community platforms (Discord, Reddit, other forums)
- Strong organizational skills, often wearing multiple hats from strategy development to analytics or community management
- Confident in writing core marketing messaging for use in campaigns and web copy with a strong sense for the demographics of the product’s player base
- Self directed with an entrepreneurial attitude
Beamdog is a fantastic place to work with a friendly and creative atmosphere. Located in Edmonton, Alberta, we're a hardworking team of passionate game developers who love the games we work on. Since 2009, we’ve brought enhanced versions of classic Dungeons & Dragons games and exciting original content to fans new and old. We’re best known for bringing beloved isometric roleplaying games like Baldur’s Gate™ and Planescape: Torment™ back to life on desktop and tablets as Enhanced Editions. We love rich stories where players can chose their own journey and the communities that spring up around them. If you’re excited about storytelling games, Dungeons & Dragons, and classic RPGs, stick around! You haven’t seen anything yet.
We offer the following perks:
- Opportunity to work on and develop a new and exciting IP
- Work from anywhere within Canada or come join us in Edmonton!
- 4 weeks of vacation annually
- Generous sick and personal days
- Flexible working hours
- NO CRUNCH policy
- RRSP Matching Program
- Vision, dental, and extended health benefits
- Health & wellness spending account
- Employee assistance program (support for mental health, family & relationship, work & career, legal, financial, and more)
Diversity is fundamentally about valuing human differences and recognizing that a diverse group of people bring with them a diverse set of skills which is necessary to propel our company forward. Beamdog is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, colour, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Are you legally entitled to work in Canada?
- Brand Manager: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote