Hennessy & Roach, P.C. is a law firm defending employers in Workers’ Compensation and defendants in General Liability matters. H&R is based in Chicago with additional offices in Springfield, Illinois; St. Louis, Missouri; Overland Park, KS; Milwaukee, Wisconsin; Indianapolis, Indiana; Brentwood, Tennessee; and Omaha, Nebraska. The firm handles matters throughout the States of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, Kansas, Tennessee, and Wisconsin. Founded by Thomas G. Hennessy and James P. Roach on May 17, 1993, the firm continues to grow.
The Billing Clerk performs a variety of other accounting and bookkeeping duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients and observes confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Essential Job Functions:
- Performs daily deposits.
- Compiles final bills daily.
- Reviews and edits pre-bills in response to attorney and secretary requests, and maintains follow up on final bills with them.
- Creates and prints final client billing.
- Sends invoices to a particular client/adjuster 7-9 invoices per day.
- Sends invoices to e-biller for uploading in bill review systems.
- Maintains collections of specific electronically billed clients monthly.
- Maintain specific bill review system, including reconciliation of uploaded invoices against documentation within our time matters system.
- Reviews and verifies accuracy of billing and supporting documentation as required.
- Is familiar with and applies Firm billing guidelines.
- Researches and responds to inquiries regarding billing issues and problems.
- Processes write-offs following Firm policy.
- Creates and distributes monthly reports.
- Saves emails to cases when sending final bills or collection emails.
- Refunds checks for overpayment on invoices when needed.
- Ensures strict confidentiality at all times.
- Assists with special projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED (or equivalent) required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- 0-2 or more year’s hands-on billing/Accounts Receivable experience preferably in a law firm.
- Time Matters billing software experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to handle a high volume of bills per month.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with attorneys, secretaries, and clients.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to organize work flow and use time efficiently.
- Ability to show strong attention to detail.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
- Firm and Client Confidentiality required.
Benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Critical Illness, Accident, Group and voluntary term life insurance, STD/LTD, FSA, HSA, EAP, 401(k)/Roth retirement plan with company match.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: 140 South Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60603
Job Type: Full-time