Job descriptionEOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Mission & Vision:
Easterseals Louisiana is a non-profit organization whose mission is to assist children and adults with physical and intellectual disabilities achieve independence. It is our vision to be recognized as an organization that transforms communities and engages all members through quality service, knowledge and compassion.
Competency Restoration Educator Duties:
- Educates juvenile offenders on a factual understanding of allegations against them, with a goal that the juvenile will be able to assist her/his attorney in their defense
- Will help juveniles to understand the proceedings/processes of the court system
- Will work with family members on their understanding of allegations and court proceedings
- Assesses for immediate and long-term service needs
- Screens persons for eligibility of services and/or benefits. Assists where needed.
- Assists an individual with goal-setting
- Identifies barriers to services and seeks to eliminate them where possible
- Facilitates linkages to services and interfaces with external service agencies
- Assists with applications for various services/resources
- Helps to facilitate transportation to required service appointments
- Will engage high-risk individuals (due to suicidal or homicidal thoughts/behaviors, history of hospitalizations, and/or history of addiction or risky substance use) with a focus on successfully linking them to needed higher levels of care
- Participates in clinical staffings and other clinical team meetings to provide updates on care and to coordinate care with other disciplines
- Utilize consumer care resource funding to help people meet needs that are directly related to the treatment plan
- Actively works with program clinicians and engages individuals in the process of developing and implementing discharge plans, with a focus on ensuring that services connections are in place
- Networks with community service organizations to create partnerships that can be utilized during the discharge planning process
- Will attempt to engage highest-risk individuals in wellness checks for at least one year after initial intervention
- Will collect, and report outcome data as part of routine wellness checks with service recipients
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Qualifications (please take note, we have no flexibility on degrees accepted. These are conditions of our contractor):
- Masters degree in Social or Human Services
- Preferred LPC, or a registered LPC-Intern under the clinical supervision of an LPC-Supervisor, OR, an LCSW, or an LMSW under the clinical supervision of an LCSW
- Must be certified by the Louisiana Department of Health as having completed a Restoration Service Provider training course or willing to be become certified
- Must be knowledgeable of the state's competency standards and statutes and with the treatment, training, and restoration courses approved by the Louisiana Department of Health.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience providing mental health counseling
- Must have at least 2 years of experience working with children and/or adolescents
- Easterseals Louisiana is a Drug-Free Workplace, pre-employment and random drug tests will be administered.
- Will be required to pass Easterseals Louisiana background check
- Those who do not choose to be vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination, will be required to follow agency protocols.
- The employee is regularly required to operate a computer, file and retrieve written documents,
- Communicate with others on the phone and in-person.
- The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, use hands, and lift and/or move lightweight items.
- Ability to move independently within the facility and community.
- Ability to travel around the Flordia Parishes
Easterseals Louisiana makes hiring and employment decisions without regard to age, the color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.
LOCATION: Louisiana, Slidell
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
L&E Research, Inc. Remote $35,000 - $42,000 a year 5 days ago
Norton Healthcare Louisville, KY 40202 Today
Coastal Healthcare Consulting Group, Inc. Rockwall, TX 75032 Today