Position DetailsPosition Information Recruitment/Posting Title Behavior Analyst
Posting Number 22TM0280
Department GSAPP-Douglass Devt Disab Ctr
Overview Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is a leading national research university and the state of New Jersey’s preeminent, comprehensive public institution of higher education. Established in 1766 and celebrated a milestone 250th anniversary in 2016, the university is the eighth oldest higher education institution in the United States. More than 70,800 students and 27,000 faculty and staff learn, work, and serve the public at Rutgers locations across New Jersey and around the world. Rutgers University–New Brunswick took root over 250 years ago. We are the state’s most comprehensive intellectual resource—the flagship campus of Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, as designated by the Association of American Universities. We are the region’s most high-profile public research institution and a leading national research center with a global impact.
Posting Summary Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, is seeking a Behavior Analyst for the Douglass Developmental Disabilities Center.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Provides consultation and monitors all services, activities and programs related to the education of children with autism and their families within an assigned caseload at the Douglass Developmental Disabilities Center.
- Ensures best practice Applied Behavior Analysis procedures are maintained and applied in the education and treatment of children with autism.
COVID-19 Immunization Requirement Under Policy 60.1.35, Rutgers University requires all prospective employees to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and have received a booster (where eligible) against COVID-19 prior to commencement of employment, unless the University has granted the individual a medical or religious exemption. Prospective employees who are not eligible for a booster at the time of an offer of employment must provide proof they have received a booster within two weeks (14 calendar days) of eligibility. Based on current guidance, individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks after receiving the final dose of any COVID-19 vaccine authorized or approved for use in the United States by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and recommended by the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Eligibility for a booster against COVID-19 varies and is explained on the University’s web site located at https://coronavirus.rutgers.edu/covid-19-vaccine. Failure to provide proof of primary vaccination and booster will result in rescission of a prospective employee’s offer of employment and/or disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Position Status Part Time
Hours Per Week 19.5
Daily Work Shift Day
Position Salary $65.00- $80.00 per hour
Payroll Designation PeopleSoft
Terms of Appointment Temporary Staff Appointment - Hourly
Qualifications Minimum Education and Experience
- A Master’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience using Applied Behavior Analysis in the treatment of individuals with Autism spectrum disorders as well as experience training and supervising other staff in the delivery of behavior analysis services.
- Certification as a BCBA.
- Use of personal vehicle in order to travel for business demands; a valid driver’s license would be required for this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis is required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Must be physically active and be on feet most of the day. (Duties may involve running and playing active games with individuals with autism (ages 3 1/2 – 21 years or adults) and driving a vehicle.
- Following training must be physically capable of safely providing crisis management techniques including restraining, lifting, blocking individuals with challenging behaviors.
- Clean driving record.
Posting Details Posting Open Date 05/12/2022
Posting Close Date 06/12/2022
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applicants
Regional Campus Rutgers University-New Brunswick
Home Location Campus Douglass (RU-New Brunswick)
Location Details New Brunswick, NJ
Pre-employment Screenings All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all pre-employment screenings. Infection Control and Safety This position is subject to all Rutgers University policies, including TB surveillance and other infection control and safety policies. Please review the Tuberculosis Surveillance Policy for additional information.