LocationNew York or Remote Americas
Job typePermanent This is a highly visible and exciting role with the potential to make an immediate positive impact in an area directly involved in some of Spotify's top critical initiatives. We are building systems to address problems that are unsolved in the industry. Important business partners like Accounting, Legal & Licensing and Creator Marketplace all rely on us delivering something extra.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives, focused mainly on greenfield development.
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team.
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth.
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the services and being up to date on the latest technologies and design trends. Enhance team agility by planning and implementing A/B tests and feature flags to speed up deployment cycles before features are ready.
- Be a technical leader within the team you work with and within Spotify in general. Champion technical and architectural excellence. Promote high quality standards adhering to standard industry practices.
- Coach and mentor other engineers; share knowledge, explain, perform peer code reviews.
- Hack on what you want during regular hack days and bi-annual hack weeks.
Who You Are:
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience
- You are comfortable writing services in Java and have worked in full-stack development teams.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or other commercial cloud offerings.
- You have strong data and API modeling skills.
- You are interested in keeping up with current standard methodologies in your areas of expertise.
- You are experienced working with modern infrastructure and tools.
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments.
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing.
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions.
- Despite a distributed team you try to make the time to have fun with your peers.
Where You'll Be:
- While this role is for a squad based in our fantastic, modern, playful, and thoughtfully designed New York City office, Spotify allows for flexibility and can offer fully a Home Mix or Office Mix based on what fits you better.
- Where in the world? For this role it can be anywhere within the Remote Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere here.
- Working hours? We operate within the EST time zone for collaboration
Our global benefitsExtensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse. Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success. Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents. All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub. Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs. Spotify On Tour, join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at SpotifySpotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Musicwindow Remote From $9 an hour 12 days ago
Colquitt Regional Medical Center Moultrie, GA 31768 Today
Food Giant | GES Inc. Marianna, AR 72360 8 days ago
Masis Professional Group Syracuse, NY 13208 $20 - $21 an hour 9 days ago