NOW HIRING CREW TO START IN APRIL
Glacier Fish Company is hiring for Processors to work onboard the F/T ALASKA OCEAN for the upcoming Hake B Season. The Alaska Ocean is an at-sea processing vessel in the Bering Sea, along the Aleutian Islands, and the coast of Washington/Oregon. The Alaska Ocean is the world’s largest factory trawler.
Working onboard an at-sea processing vessel is physically and mentally challenging. The environment is wet and cold and the shifts are long. The job requires physical endurance, repetitive lifting, agility, prolonged periods of standing, teamwork and self-discipline. Crew members make a contractual commitment to being at sea for extended periods of time, leaving family and friends at home.
**Must be fully vaccinated from COVID to board the vessel**
- 16 hour shift, 7 days a week
- Compensation is a crew share
- Selected candidates will be subject to a post offer, pre-employment drug test and background check.
How does the pay work?
Crew members are paid a crew share rate for each trip completed. Entry level earnings can range from $6,200 - $7,525 per trip to start. A single trip takes approximately 14-21 days to complete on average.
- *Please note pay estimates are based on averages. Pay will vary depending on the amount of species caught and current market pricing*
Physical Ability and Skills:
- Understand instructions in English
- Perform fast paced, repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Capable of climbing and descending steep stairs and vertical ladders
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Convert raw fish into a frozen-at-sea finished product
- Sort fish by species, size and condition
- Package, weigh and label product
- Load and unload plate freezers
- Operate and clean factory equipment
- Offload of frozen product to warehouse
- Load and unload other supplies on the vessel
- Share spaces with others including crew quarters, dining areas and bathrooms
- Free Room/Board
- Eligible for 401K match after 1 year
- Health/Dental benefits once eligibility requirements are met
- *Applicant is responsible for travel and hotel expenses to Seattle (point of hire).*
THIS POSITION IS A GOOD FIT FOR THOSE WITH EXPERIENCE IN LABOR INTENSIVE JOBS!
(Oil Rig Workers, Construction, Farmer, Miners, Firefighters, Derrickhand)
Glacier Fish is proud of our diverse and talented crew and considers them to be our greatest asset. We take pride in the fact that many of our crew members have been with the company 20 years or more.
Glacier Fish Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.