Job descriptionCompany Profile: CFG is a comprehensive healthcare provider that is dedicated to improving quality of life for individuals and families by providing innovative medical and mental health services. Our Health Network includes Center for Family Guidance, CFG Health Systems and CFG Residentials. Overview: POSITION SUMMARY:
The Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON), under the supervision of the DON oversees the performance of the nursing staff to ensure effective inmate patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes in accordance with established CFG clinical guidelines and the standard of professional nursing.
Correctional Nurses provide care to inmate patients to promote & improve their overall health utilizing the nursing process in triage, professional training and various resources in accordance with regulatory agencies and established guidelines. The inmate patient population often generally has not had consistent access to healthcare prior to their incarceration. This provides an opportunity for nurses to see and care for an interesting variety of health concerns from minor ailments to major and atypical conditions. Responsibilities: POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures all documented medical evaluations on inmate patients of the assigned correctional facility are consistent with the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) standards of care, NJ 10-A, American Correctional Association (ACA) and Performance Based National Detention Standards (PBNDS) as appropriate.
- Coordinates the development, provision, and evaluation of patient care according to the standards of nursing practice in the state in which the facility is located, within the CFG Health System nursing protocols.
- In conjunction with the DON, is responsible for managing, directing, orienting, retention, development and supervising all of the nursing staff in the facility’s medical unit.
- Ensures completion of annual competencies for all nursing staff.
- Assists with regular staff meetings.
- Collaborates with primary care providers and other health care providers to ensure continuity, timeliness and appropriateness of care to inmate patients and staff development.
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
- Completion from an accredited school facility with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state in which the facility is located (maintain a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times).
Minimum Work Experience
- At least three years of experience as a Charge Nurse or equivalent supervisory nursing experience required.
- Previous correctional health care experience preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Strong clinical skills with ability to react decisively in emergency situations.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Assertive, empathetic and able to provide care objectively.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to command the respect and confidence of inmate patients and staff, and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.
- Maintains an active Basic Life Support (BLS) certification.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
Securitas Inc. Dana Point, CA 92629 $17 - $18 an hour 30+ days ago