Job descriptionJob Description
Do you have experience working in Public Health? Do you have experience working with stakeholders? Apply today!
The Utah Public Health Laboratory (UPHL) is looking for a Regional Lab Coordinator to manage the communications, shipments, and support for the Antibiotic Resistance Laboratory Network (ARLN) for the 7 states within the region.
You will work with the Infectious Disease Testing Section of the UPHL and the Sample Receiving Section to communicate the status of specimens and testing results. It is critical this position ensures the surveillance is performed per the ARLN guidelines for the region.
Due to the nature of this position, compliance to the Utah Department of Health Employee Immunization policy is required. Travel is required.
Must reside in Utah or be moving to Utah within 30 days of start date.
Coordinate sample collection and shipment to UPHL.
- Oversee supplies shipments to client States.
- Outreach to States served by the UPHL.
- Communicate updates and provide assistance/education to other State Labs and HAI/AR (Healthcare Acquired Infections or Antibiotic Resistance/Stewardship).
- Manage external communications.
- Organize monthly state calls and one-on-one calls.
- Organize the ARLN Regional Lab Meeting.
- Ensure proper surveillance is performed per the guidelines.
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have at least (2) years of experience in Public Health.
- Must have experience coordinating communication with multiple stakeholders.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
May be given to applicants with:
- Experience in the field of Healthcare Acquired Infections or Antibiotic Resistance/Stewardship (HAI/AR).
- Experience in epidemiology of Infectious Diseases or Infection Prevention.
- Experience with data analysis, specifically lab test results.
- Experience working in or collaborating with a CLIA regulated Laboratory.
Why You Should Join Our Team
This is an opportunity to make a difference. Along with the satisfaction of managing the communication and supporting ARLN program at the UPHL, you will receive great health and retirement benefits, such as, generous paid time off so you can have a positive work life balance. Click here to view a summary of all the benefits we offer.
To learn more about the UPHL, click here. If offered this position, your continued employment will be contingent upon passing a fingerprint background check. There will be no cost to you and fingerprints will be completed on the first day of employment or shortly thereafter. You may review the department policy by clicking here. (Download PDF reader) Supplemental Information
- The typical office setting for this job is adequately lighted, heated and ventilated. However, you may encounter some risks that are associated with any office setting, for example, the safe use of office equipment, avoiding trips and falls, observing fire regulations, etc.
- Standard Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Typically, the employee may sit comfortably to perform the work; however, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying light items; driving an automobile, etc. Special physical demands are not required to perform the work.