Requisition ID: 127764
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Position: Analyst, Sustainable Finance, Global Banking & Markets
Across Scotiabank, we’re committed to advancing the climate transition and promoting sustainable economic growth – for now, for the future.
The dedicated and experienced Sustainable Finance Group within Global Banking and Markets provides advice and solutions to corporate, financial, public sector, and institutional clients across the Bank’s global presence. We work alongside our clients to incorporate sustainability across capital markets activities, leverage opportunities, reduce risk, and align financing and investing with sustainability strategies and goals.
Our team is a combination of sustainability and finance experts with specialties that include sustainable business advice and solutions, and providing innovative solutions for sustainability challenges across all industries, geographies and sectors.
We are seeking to hire an Analyst in Sustainable Finance that will support the generation of new business opportunities and successful execution of mandates for Scotiabank’s U.S. based clients. The role will involve collaborating across all major business lines to develop sustainable finance products and initiatives, and deliver comprehensive ESG solutions.
- Prepare marketing materials and pitches to support client marketing efforts
- Support the execution of mandates across sustainable finance and ESG advisory products
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across Scotiabank’s U.S. footprint to further develop sustainable finance initiatives and explore product development opportunities
- Maintain detailed databases, client presentations, market communications and internal reporting
- Create sustainable finance product frameworks (green, social, sustainability, transition, sustainability-linked) for a cross-section of issuers (corporate & public sector) and a wide range of financial products
- Maintain expertise in evolving ESG trends including policy and regulatory developments (transition, ESG targets, ESG reporting, ESG ratings, taxonomies, legislation, ICMA principles)
- Maintain strong knowledge of global sustainable finance market developments (market trends, financial product development, structuring)
- Provide insightful thought leadership for both clients and internal stakeholders including conference speaking, market commentary, opinion pieces, recommendations and analysis
- Manage external collaboration initiatives and third-party vendor relations (i.e. conferences, trade associations, ESG working groups, SPO verifiers, ESG ratings providers, credit rating agencies, accounting firms etc.)
Education / Experience
- 1-3 years of relevant experience (ESG, sustainability, investment banking, corporate banking, debt capital markets, equity capital markets, management consulting, corporate finance)
- Experience in ESG or sustainable finance considered crucial
- Understanding of capital markets and Scotiabank’s key business lines
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in finance, business, economics and/or sustainability
- Advanced professional designation preferred (Master’s degree, CFA, CA)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable working in complex and rapidly evolving environment
- Strong work ethic and passion for sustainable finance
- Ability to cross-collaborate with varied and multi-stakeholder relationships
- Focused and attentive to detail
- Ability to work under constrained timelines
- Strong organizational skills
- Proactive and ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excels in a team environment
- Creativity and problem-solving ability
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.