Are you looking for an organization that is committed to diversity and work-life balance? Come and join the Adoption Programs of Children’s Home & Lutheran Social Service of MN that is making a difference to bring families together. You will be part of our Foster Care Adoption program that continues to grow and provide permanency for many children waiting in Minnesota’s foster care system. Children’s Home & Lutheran Social Service of MN have a long history of providing care and finding families for children.
This position will work primarily with youth in foster care. This position will explore what permanency means to youth and work to identify permanent connections for youth.
Children’s Home & Lutheran Social Service of MNis a dynamic social service organization serving children, youth and families, people with disabilities, older adults and military veterans. Trustworthiness is a value and strength shared by our employees and recognized by the communities we serve. We offer an ALIVE Workplace (Supportive, Positive and Fun) and careers that challenge, energize and rewards employees. Consider joining us!
Some benefits of the position will include:
- A fun and kind team to lean on for support
- Access and opportunities for ongoing education
- Supervision towards social work licensure
Major responsibilities for Adoption Worker working with families and/or youth and prepare them for adoption may include:
- Assess readiness for adoption by writing home studies, executing the foster care licensing process, and providing post-placement supervision and support
- Serve youth in foster care as a Child Specific Recruiter to identify permanent families for adoption
- Travel throughout the state of Minnesota. CHLSS will reimburse for mileage
- Bachelor’s Degree required in social work or human services field. Master’s Degree in Social Work and/or relevant work experience preferred.
- Must have strong organizational skills, ability to multitask and case manage, and keep documentation up to date.
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends in order to best support families and kids.
- The ability to travel to family homes.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license, insurance, and a reliable vehicle and be insurable under agency policy.
- Ability to work with and advocate for all clients served, regardless of race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or family type.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and resume.
Children’s Home & Lutheran Social Service of MN is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of all people regardless of gender, race, culture, religion, ethnicity, protected veteran status and/ordisability. We actively foster an environment that is free of racism, discrimination, bias, and harassment where all individuals are treated with dignity, safety, and respect.Additional Posting Information: This position will work primarily with youth in foster care. This position will explore what permanency means to youth and work to identify permanent connections for youth.