Date of Posting: August 24, 2022
Deadline for Applying: Open Until Filled
Reports to: Director, Organizing and Field Support
Position and Description:
This position is an Administrative Assistant in the Office of Organizing and Field Support, based in the headquarters of the Virginia Education Association (VEA) in Richmond, Virginia. The Office of Organizing and Field Support is responsible for the management of the UniServ Program and the direct supervision of the VEA UniServ Directors. The Office of Organizing and Field Support provides support for member mobilization, membership growth and retention to Locals and UniServ Units throughout Virginia. Additionally, the Office of Organizing and Field Support provides training, advice, dispute resolution and technical assistance to VEA staff & leaders, schedules, and coordinates VEA general staff meetings, and provides training and skills development.
Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent in experience and education considered.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience working with Excel databases.
- Experience with Salesforce or other data management programs.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience in supporting events and conferences.
- Prior experience as an administrative assistant.
- Union experience a plus;
- Task oriented with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Dependable, punctual, have a positive attitude and the ability to interact and work with individuals in a variety of offices and roles around the state.
Core Job Functions:
Maintenance Assist in data tracking of the VEA statewide events grievance system;
- Helps to coordinate the calendar and schedules of the department directors.
- Assists in information and data collection from field staff and leadership.
- Assists the offices of Organizing and Field Support and Human and Financial Resources with the coordination of trainings and events.
- Coordinates the logistics of the UniServ Standards Advisory Committee, the Reggie Smith Organizing School, and other meetings as directed by the Director of the Office of Organizing and Field Support;a robust and member driven field program.
- Updates documents related related to necessary grant programs working with the department leadership on their successful completion. to the UniServ Program, in addition to the completion and final submission of the UniServ Grant application process for the Director of the Office of Organizing and Field Support;
- Completes initial review of received expense vouchers and receipts prior to the Director of the Office of Organizing and Field Support’s final review and approval;
- Maintains record and document retention for the Office of Organizing and Field Support;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary and Fringe Benefits:
This is a Category 2 position covered by the VASO staff contract with a salary up to $60,233.
In order to apply, please visit www.veanea.org and click on the link under About/VEA Careers. A cover letter supporting your qualifications for the position is required.
VEA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER