No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 132801 - Piscataway, New Jersey, United States
The Administrative Assistant is at the core of the team's business operations and activities and a critical role to ensure the team keeps moving forward. This role anticipates the needs of respective leaders and team members to help them stay focused on their projects by resolving operational and administrative issues before they arise. It is vital to move quickly with the changing environment and use that knowledge to strategically support the team. In addition to being organized and analytical, the Administrative Assistant possesses strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions.
- Provides administrative support for a Vice President and several Senior Directors, and ad hoc support / project coordination as needed for the department
- Performs an extensive array of administrative tasks for multiple leaders which include:
- Screens & prioritizes incoming communication (email/mail), reviews contents, determines importance, and summarizes and/or distributes contents to appropriate staff.
- Follows-up on pending mail/email.
- Communicates clearly and effectively in verbal, written and electronic mediums.
- Initiates and composes both routine (schedules, letters, memos, e-mails) and non-routine correspondence (surveys, minutes, project plans, announcements and continuous improvement ideas) with significant narrative.
- Creates and/or edits presentations including formats, layouts, and content with attention to details and minimal supervision.
- Influences presentation approach and plays a significant role in the development of the final "product" for department members (ie. department webcasts).
- Independently responds to and follow-ups on requests for information based upon acquired knowledge of department/area.
- Updates and distributes organization charts as needed.
- Handles critical information with discretion.
- Arranges domestic and international travel for leaders, and for applicable individuals outside the organization. Uses discretion to modify travel arrangements.
- Proactively researches information such as locations and directions as it relates to supporting travel itineraries.
- Independently prepares travel itineraries including all key contact names, numbers and emergency contact information.
- Prepares travel expense reports for leaders with minimal direction.
- Manages visa requests by sending all relevant information to secure required documentation one week prior to departure date.
Calendar & meeting management
- Proactively tracks and coordinates calendars for one or more individuals and schedules meetings.
- Provides administrative support for onsite meetings to include meeting planning & logistical coordination with people from multiple locations and/or functions.
- Provides comprehensive administrative support before, during, and after applicable meetings, to include recording minutes
- Coordinates off-site meetings with people from multiple locations. May be required to be physically present to provide administrative assistance at off-site meetings.
- Adept at coordinating meetings using new technologies; is a power-user and training resource for new meeting technologies – Google suite - video/audio/conferencing.
- Troubleshoots equipment issues in conference rooms prior to and during any meetings and knows who to contact for technical assistance.
Budget & PO management
- Supports multiple departmental budgets.
- Codes and supervises expenses to budget, resolves budget discrepancies and informs Manager of actions taken.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of the department budget and is mindful of budget constraints/availability; reallocates budget line items and may reconcile department LE.
- Creates, processes and follows-up on all invoices and purchase orders via Ariba, and troubleshoots any issues in a timely fashion.
- Sets up vendors in the Ariba system and may act as the department approver.
- Performs office tasks, such as maintaining records, ordering supplies., etc.
- Supports onboarding and departure activities, such as computer / system access requests, ID badge coordination, etc.
- Takes initiative to simplify systems and processes to eliminate unnecessary work.
- Leads meetings, task-forces, or projects.
- Creates and uses informal networks to gain support and get things done.
- Challenges the status quo with resourceful ideas and solutions.
- Embraces change and seeks to learn new systems and applications.
- Champions new initiatives inside and outside own department by gaining agreement from key partners.
- Collaborates with other support staff on workload.
- Demonstrates extreme sensitivity to confidentiality of data; all disclosures will require discretion.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 5 years of administrative experience.
- Experience supporting multiple managers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in working for Colgate-Palmolive? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Colgate-Palmolive is a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition. Colgate sells its products in over 200 countries and territories around the world under such internationally recognised brand names as Colgate, Palmolive, elmex, Tom’s of Maine, Sorriso, Speed Stick, Lady Speed Stick, Softsoap, Irish Spring, Protex, Sanex, Elta MD, PCA Skin, Ajax, Axion, Fabuloso, Soupline and Suavitel, as well as Hill’s Science Diet and Hill’s Prescription Diet.
For more information about Colgate’s global business, visit the Company’s web site at http://www.colgatepalmolive.com. To learn more about Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures® oral health education programme, please visit http://www.colgatebsbf.com. To learn more about Hill's and the Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love program please visit http://www.hillspet.com. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact [email protected] with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.