The Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission (PERAC) provides oversight, guidance, monitoring, and regulation to the 104 Massachusetts Public Pension Systems in the Commonwealth. The Actuarial Unit verifies retiree benefit calculations, prepares funding schedules of retirement systems, and analyzes actuarial data for preparing valuation reports.
JOB TITLE: Actuarial Assistant
- Verify benefit calculations submitted by retirement boards.
- Respond to questions by retirement board staff daily in the processing of calculations and any related issues in writing.
- Analyze actuarial data submitted by retirement boards and take appropriate action to clean data using actuarial software.
- Run actuarial valuations and summarize plan liabilities.
- Prepare funding schedules and produce valuation reports under the direction of the Actuary.
- Perform other work related duties or special projects as requested by Actuary or Deputy Executive Director.
TOTAL COMPENSATION/BENEFITS STRUCTURE:
As a Commonwealth of Massachusetts employee, you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
- Defined Benefit Retirement Plan
- Alternative Deferred Compensation Plan 457(b)
- 75% of paid medical insurance premium
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- 11 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Tuition Benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
- Long-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
- Incentive-based Wellness Programs
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Qualified benefits under the Massachusetts Paid Family Medical Leave
Salary Range: 53-62
Please submit your resume online at: https://massanf.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl
Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or a degree with a strong math background. An interest in SOA exams a plus.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Official Title : Actuarial Assistant Primary Location : United States-Massachusetts-Somerville-5 Middlesex Ave Job : Accounting and Finance Agency : Public Employee Retirement Administration Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Posting : May 13, 2022, 6:50:25 AM Number of Openings : 1 Salary : 53,000.00 - 62,000.00 Yearly If you have Diversity, Affirmative Action or Equal Employment Opportunity questions or need a Reasonable Accommodation, please contact Diversity Officer / ADA Coordinator : Caroline Carcia - 617-591-8905 Bargaining Unit : Non Confidential : Yes