Job descriptionOur Growth Mindset (The Mission): Think back on your time in school and a project or experience that got you fired up, curious, and motivated to try your best. Can you remember one? If you’re like us, there are some projects we remember decades later - those times when we were so engaged in what we were doing that we couldn’t help but learn.
Seesaw is a learning platform that brings educators, students, and families together to deepen student learning. Teachers design and facilitate powerful learning experiences, students create, reflect, collaborate, and make their learning visible, and families actively support and celebrate student learning. Seesaw is used by millions of K-12 students in over half the schools in the U.S.
The Curriculum (Your Role): As Seesaw’s AR Specialist, you will lead and oversee AR Collection and own components of the accounts receivable cycle, payment application, supporting month-end close, AR support as needed, and other ad-hoc projects.
Your Classmates (The Team): You will be a key contributor and a teammate on our finance team, which includes a Director of Finance, an Accounting Manager (who will be your manager), a Finance Manager, a Financial Analyst, a Staff Accountant, and Accounts Receivable Support.
Subject Matter (Your Responsibilities):
- Review and track customer AR aging, resolve collection issues with customers or internal team as necessary
- Maintain master customer record including exempt certificate, address, contact, etc.
- Prepare account receivable reconciliation, accrual, or any month-end reports required
- Assist Accounting Manager in maintaining and tracking support contracts, revenue recognition schedules, etc.
- Support annual/quarterly audits as needed
- Process billing timely and validate invoices against AR report to ensure accuracy
- Process all payments on account, checks, credit cards, ACH/Wires
- Maintaining the general ledger, overseeing the AR
- Assist with the development and maintenance of accounting systems for financial transactions
- Monitor Accounts Receivable/collections and coordinate collection activities, with support from the team, including calls and emails to customers and internal escalations as required for problem accounts. Ensure that receivables are collected promptly in a timely manner
- Streamlining AR functions by maintaining/coding applicable customer discounts and supporting communication on discrepancies. Maintain and reconcile accounts arising from AR transactions, including Customer Overpayments Advance Payments, and Deferred Revenue
- Other ad hoc projects as assigned.
Prerequisites (The Requirements):
- 2+ years of progressively responsible experience, preferably with exposure to a high-growth SaaS company
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and Google Workplace
- Familiarity with NetSuite will be an asset
- Strong analytical problem-solving aptitude with creative solutions, ability to organize work with large amounts of information efficiently, manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with strong attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both in writing and verbally, with management, customers
- Able to work as a team player
- Open to development of skills and knowledge
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Strong inferencing skillsStrong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Google Suite (Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail) preferred
- Prior customer-facing experience (e.g. retail) preferred
We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users.
We prioritize work-life balance and actually walk the walk - we care a lot about our work but care more about our friends and family. We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy that people actually use.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, free lunch, wellness stipend, and charitable donation match.
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Intrested in this job?
All Related Listed jobs
My Pet Market Scottsdale, AZ 85254 (Paradise Valley area) $15 an hour Hiring ongoing
Grandview Medical Center Remote in Birmingham, AL 35243 1 day ago
Lakeland Bank Totowa, NJ 07512+9 locations $1,000 a week 22 days ago
Virtue las vegas Las Vegas, NV 89118 (Paradise area) From $12 an hour EmployerActive 7 days ago
Pet Supermarket Dothan, AL 36305+3 locations 2 days ago