Job descriptionThe University of Nevada, Reno (UNR) appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. Final applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact our recruitment helpline at (775) 784-1495 or [email protected] . For UNR Med professional job postings, please contact the Office of Professional Recruitment at (775) 784-6778. Job Description The University of Nevada, Reno is recruiting for an Accountant Technician 2 for the Loan's/Cashier's Office The Accountant Technician 2 will ensure efficient operation of the UNR Loan's Office within the Cashier's Office including administering, managing and implementing loan policies and procedures; audit daily, weekly and monthly ECSI reports and borrower accounts in the third party software (SAL); audit accounting transactions, post journal vouchers and review reports. Utilizing available software to extract information and prepare special reports as needed; provide annual reports to the Controller for use in financial statement preparation. The Accounting Assistant 2 supervises and provides training and guidance to Loans Office staff to ensure effective and efficient operations that are in compliance with federal regulations, as well as UNR and NSHE policies and procedures. Perform back-up duties for the Manager of Student Accounting, Third-Party Billing Collections Specialist and the Business Data Analyst. Required Qualifications
- Graduation from high school supplemented by 6 college credits in beginning accounting. Additionally required is three years of progressively responsible financial records maintenance experience which includes duties such as designing, implementing and interpreting narrative and data reports; applying principles of accounting to analyze financial information; preparing entries to accounts; analyzing assets and liabilities and preparing balance sheets; auditing contracts, vouchers and other documents and preparing summary transaction reports; implementing accounting control procedures; and overseeing the work of accounting clerical staff; OR
- One year of experience as an Accountant Technician I in Nevada State service; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience as described above which must have included 6 college credits in beginning accounting
- Applicants with experience processing loan documents are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with experience in collections are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with experience working in a higher education environment are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants with supervisory experience are encouraged to apply.
- Health insurance options including dental and vision - Health Insurance
- Generous annual and sick leave and life insurance – Faculty Benefits
- E. L. Wiegand Fitness Center offers an annual or semester membership and family membership options. E.L. Wiegand Fitness Center
- Mountain EAP supports employees (and eligible dependents) through life's difficult moments. Mountain EAP is located in Reno and specializes in counseling and advising services for personal or interpersonal issues.
- Several Diversity Committees and Affinity Groups focusing on campus-wide diversity initiatives to ensure we are working to create a diverse and welcoming campus climate. Diversity Groups
- Faculty Senate is the principal representing body for faculty. Its membership includes representatives from each academic and administrative major unit of the University. Faculty Senate
- No state income tax!
HR will attempt to verify academic credentials upon receipt of hiring documents. If the academic credentials cannot be verified, HR will notify the faculty member that an official transcript of their highest degree must be submitted within thirty days of the faculty member’s first day of employment.
References will be contacted at the appropriate phase of the recruitment process. Applicants hired on a federal contract may be subject to E-Verify.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
For positions that require driving, evidence of a valid driver's license will be required at the time of employment and as a condition of continued employment.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs. University of Nevada, Reno
Intrested in this job?
Lowongan Kerja Sejenis
John Mini Distinctive Landscapes Congers, NY 10920 Today
Adena Health System United States 30+ days ago
KinderCare Education Baltimore, MD 21244 5 days ago