8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Position open to remote: Limited
Who We Are:
Relentlessly Delivering Big Ideas. U.S. Xpress is one of the nation’s largest asset-based trucking companies. But the most valuable asset we offer isn’t tractors, trailers, or even our exclusive, cutting-edge technology. It’s the collective brainpower of thousands of visionaries and problem-solvers. Together, we are revolutionizing the transportation industry by providing innovative, custom solutions. And, here, we believe in the sanctity of a promise—both to our customers, and our people. When we focus our varied talents on reshaping the future of transportation, that’s what we call the POWER OF U.S.
Why U.S. Xpress?
Right Role. Right Tools. Right People. We invest in our talent starting on day one. You will be provided with personal and professional development opportunities that complement your interests and encourage you to build a career you’re passionate about. Whether it is employee stock options, profit-sharing, 401K, professional development, or our competitive pay, we help prepare you for the future. Be part of an organization that values out-of-the-box thinking and rewards employees for going above and beyond. Curious about the other benefits of working with us? Check out other perks below!
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation, Sick, & Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- On-site work out facility
What You’ll Do:
Responsible for various duties in the preparation of journal entries, reconciliations, and supporting schedules to the Company’s financial statements. Must enter, review and verify the accuracy of journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records. Expected to coordinate accounting matters with specific departments, locations and/or divisions, as necessary. This is an entry level accounting position and required to utilize skills gained through formal training.
- Responsible for the completion and maintenance of assigned general ledgers and financial reports.
- Prepares month-end journal entries, reconciliations, and schedules used in financial reporting.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts for accuracy.
- Identifies problems in procedures and provides solutions for future reliability of accounting data.
- Prepare reports and supporting schedules for review.
- Communicate findings effectively to accounting management.
- Work in a team environment to complete monthly close process and other projects as needed.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 0 – 2 years of Accounting experience required
- Basic knowledge of general accounting principles required
- Great organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Attention to detail and analytical thinking is critical
- Excellent computer skills required; Microsoft Office suit with an emphasis on Excel.
- Ability to build on training received to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
- Ability to use processes, tools and techniques for exploring and evaluating alternative financial scenarios and results.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements – Normal office settings.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected for this position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Employees performing this job may be asked to perform other duties as required and the responsibilities of the position may change. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
U.S. Xpress is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce.