Southern New Hampshire University is currently hiring in the following states for this role: Arizona, Texas, Utah, Kansas, Idaho, and Wyoming
*Please note that this is a remote eligible position. At SNHU, we ask that our remote employees have access to a reliable internet connection and a dedicated, properly equipped workspace at a fixed location that is free of distractions and dependencies.
The Academic Advisor serves as the student’s connection to the SNHU community. The Academic Advisor is responsible for providing an unparalleled level of service and support to our students utilizing our institutional commitments including: Mission, Vision, Culture Statement, SNHU core values and competencies, SNHU Service and Support Brand Values and the Advising goals. Our advising model focuses on engagement with our online students to deliver world-class service and support to positively impact every learner we serve.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Advisors will communicate with their online students based off of the student’s preferred contact time and method. Engagement will primarily consist of phone and email communication.
- Provide students and internal customers with a response to voicemails and emails within 24 business hours.
- Having the ability to utilize multiple systems and reports to be able to best support our students.
- Utilizing coaching skills to build strong relationships with our student population.
- Provide appropriate support services with students based on student’s perceived need and knowledge of personal strengths/weaknesses.
- Understanding and effectively communicating academic and administrative policies.
- Utilizing the Student Engagement Guide and the New Student Orientation, with own knowledge of students to determine the strategies to best support each student individually.
- Providing creative approaches to student success, persistence, and satisfaction.
- Owning student issues until they are fully resolved and keeping the student informed throughout the process.
- Keeping the student’s short and long term interests in mind in our guidance to them.
- Putting in the time and effort to support a student who is making every effort to achieve their goals.
- Advocating for the right thing to do on behalf of our students.
- Establishing cooperative and collaborative relationships with faculty, staff and other internal customers.
- Hold yourself and others accountable to providing exceptional service in every interaction, every time.
- Maintains a positive attitude and professionally deals with a changing environment.
- Exhibits self-awareness and builds rapport in and open, friendly, and accepting way.
- Ensure that all active online program students have a minimum of a 4 term course plan within their first term that is populated in CRM and sent to the student. Following the first term, all course plans are to be maintained for accuracy term over term.
- Serve as culture ambassadors
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree Required
- Ability to build relationships with students
- Strong technology skills including:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience: 1-2 years of experience in a professional setting including:
- Strong customer service background
- Admissions or sales
- Higher education, advising, tutoring or counseling
- Technology: Student Management System experience
The work hours are: three days either 8-4:30 or 9:00-5:30 (Monday - Thursday), two evening shifts 12:30 pm - 9:00 pm per week (Friday night is a required evening shift) , and one weekend shift of 4-8 hours per month. (Selection of late nights and weekend shifts are dependent upon student need, Team Lead approval, and programmatic coverage)
Pay Rate: $40,000.00 annually'
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $44,600.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bachelor's (Required)
Work Location: Remote