Position Summary: As a member of the Union Bank 529 College Savings Group, this individual will be responsible for effectively communicating the features and benefits of the Alabama CollegeCounts 529 Fund to current and prospective clients, community groups, employers, organizations, and financial professionals. They will be involved in coordinating and conducting grass roots calling activities across the state. This professional will live in Alabama and travel extensively across the state of Alabama.
Field Representatives travel throughout the state of Alabama within their role and typically meet financial professionals and attend outreach events in person, however with the current pandemic, travel has been put on hold and outreach to financial professionals will be completed via phone until further notice.
- Research new “grass-roots” opportunities to pursue within Alabama.
- Implement “grass roots” calling campaigns and initiatives in person and by phone.
- Call on existing relationships with financial professionals, employers, hospitals, libraries, schools, and other organizations
- Travel to visit brokers, investment advisors, and other professionals with current business to strengthen the relationship they have with CollegeCounts.
- Identify, call on, and convert financial advisors into producing financial advisors.
- Plan, schedule appointments, and implement effective weekly travel trips throughout the state of Alabama.
- Attend and promote CollegeCounts at various local and regional conferences and events.
- Provide Vice President with regular updates on activity.
- Actively assist 529 Call Center with in-bound customer service calls and servicing and perform outbound calls to service advisors on weeks when in the office.
- Understand and adhere to all bank policies, laws and regulations applicable to their role. Complete compliance training: follow internal processes and controls as required.
- Report all compliance issues, violations of law or regulations in accordance with the steps defined in bank policies.
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Mutual fund, investment, finance, tax and/or financial planning experience preferred.
- Project a strong professional image with ability to positively promote UBT’s 529 and service excellence philosophy.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and in working with other financial software.
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
- Highly motivated individual – takes initiative and task oriented
- Detail oriented, well-organized, self-starter with high energy
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Independent with a team orientation and coachable
- Passion for client and prospect interaction
Lifting and/or carrying up to 30 lbs. occasionally
Moderate exposure to outdoor elements or hazards.
PLEASE VIEW THE APPLICANT TERMS & CONDITIONS BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled_
Job Type: Full-time